No announcement yet.

Americans: Calm down about Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
    Non-Americans-That-Like-To-Speak-In-Condescending-Fashion-To-Americans-Because-You're-From-Some-****ty-Little-Country-That-We-Defend-And-You-Hate-That:

Piss off.
    I grew up in the Bay Area in Cali, nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      You can say that **** about any prospect because there is literally no way to tell if a guy has the will to constantly work in the gym and get better especially once they have success.

Literally that is one of the most important things in boxing and there is no way to tell how that will play out.

His in ring abilities and talents are just fine to have a ton of success as long as he fights to his strengths and doesn't try to be something he isn't, which I see no signs of at this point.
      He's got the talent to be a world champ I suppose but he'll never be the elite p4p n#1 and future people want him to be.

Comment

btw TS: I get that you aren't that high on Spence but who is your favourite American prospect? Or let alone the top three?
        And you hype job? Are you hating on nations and/or races? If no then can you name me your favourite American prospects?

Comment

From what i saw last night, i dont see what the hype is about

He was brawling last night like Berto, gettin tagged very easily, slow feet,

Someone of his size and stature shud not be fighting like that

People were talking as if he is the 2nd coming of Floyd, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Lol - speed in boxing is king. Too many people like you associate speed, with just hand speed. Spence is not fast in general, which is difficult to overcome when you are being touted as an elite prospect.

Ill tell you what name me 5 fighters who have made it to the very top of the sport who didn't have at least very good speed for their weight class? You will find that most of the guys you name had at least 2 out of 3 of the following qualities: toughness, world class power, unbelievable stamina, or a combination of all 3.
            Being a quick thinker under pressure and being able to maintain that under fire is king~

Boxing is 90% mental, speed just like anything else is just a tool of the mind that needs to be applied.

Spence has fine speed anyway, you act like he is molasses in winter, when for a guy that puts steam on his shots they are plenty quick.

Comment

Terrence Crawford is a far far superior boxer and a real talent

Errol Spence will suffer a number of losses in his career

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                He's got the talent to be a world champ I suppose but he'll never be the elite p4p n#1 and future people want him to be.
                Who judges prospects like that?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  Terrence Crawford is a far far superior boxer and a real talent

Errol Spence will suffer a number of losses in his career
                  Crawford is not aggressive, certainly lacks defense and has a suspect chin~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Crawford is not aggressive, certainly lacks defense and has a suspect chin~
                    Crawford is patient, and he boxes.

Spence has no rhythm, rushes his work, slow feet, easy to hit, doesnt know if he wants to be a brawler or a boxer...His chin was hanging in the air last night

They need to move him up slowly, he simply aint ready, way to many flaws

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      He's their new hope since Broner got exposed. Very overrated and I see nothing elite about him whatsover, he's slow as fk, leaky defense, flat footed and has good power and punch selection.. will be a good decent B level fighter but he's not elite and certainly not "da future".
                      Why do you keep saying "new hope" as if there's never any good American boxers lol

Comment

Working...
                      X