Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is the most overrated fighter today dude aint beat nobody and is easy to hit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotta be wilder after what i just saw

sitting duck

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
      Morris Day is the business.

On topic. Not a single middleweight champion has ever offered him a fight. Ward, hasn't fought for 2 years and says he needs 3 tuneups. Lara, can't even beat Canelo, gets dropped against Angulo, but hes the guy to beat him? Nah. Can't see it.

Yeah I don't think any MW is running towards him but that's why I think K2 if their serious about getting those remaining belts need to offer big money, career high paydays to get those fighters with straps in the ring. Money talks in this sport and it's obvious GGG is a attraction and with the backing of HBO there's no reason not to give these guys with straps career high paydays to get beat down

Lara did beat Canelo, Unfortunately Canelo was given 4 rounds before the fight even started. I'm not saying Lara beats GGg ( Although I think the movement Lara uses might give Lara a shot ) It'd still be GGG best name on his resume but like I said fight probably won't happen regardless.

I think Ward/GGG will happen down the road when there's more $ that seems to be what HBO , K2 and Wards team want . I think it was hunter who said he needed tune ups but I think it has more to do with HBO making this a potential PPV down the road. Why kill the hype of GGG if he loses when Ward career has been at a standstill. ( I'd buy this PPV right now )

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I like his style and demeanor in the ring but some of the posts on here are outright ridiculous

Him kayoing Ward? he could start fighting someone like Arthur Abraham...that would be his biggest win, let alone beating Ward who is bigger, stronger, faster, smarter more elusive fight

Sure he is a puncher but he aint fought nobody.....everytime a good puncher ups his level of competition, the ko ratio drops

Happened to Hearns, Hagler, Tyson and all the other reputed boxers of the past

1)If you got GGG in your top ten p4p with his weak resume, you got to be a real life fanatic.....dude aint beat no champions except a washed up Kassim Ouma who he struggled with

2) we'll see how good he is when he faces some one with elite skills, not those C class and B- guys he fighting

3) knocking out no names and fringe contenders don't really show us nothing, hopefully he fights Lemieux, Quillen, or Lee soon...idt he is going to 168 anytime soon....when he does that 0 will be long gone
        Here are the facts, (And I'm going to skip the Ward part) the MW division is horrible without the cold-wars and network feuds. The addition of all the BS promoter and network feuds makes it extremely difficult to PROVE your worth.

That stated, I don't think GGG will ever spread his wings until he grows into a heavier weight-class. And even then, the competition is still not that great because most of the heavy-hitters are winding down their careers.

So IMHO, GGG is not over-rated. He is just arriving at the upper-tier at the worst time along with being surrounded by the worst possible circumstances.

The cold-war that supposedly ended with the kiss & makeup by TR and GBP did nothing for boxing. Because GBP loss all its upper-tiered fighters and now with Haymon not working with HBO and HBO not sponsoring any fights with Showtime fighters, we can pretty much forget about GGG ever proving whether he's great or not.

Side-note: Some of the nutjobs who slurp on GGG's nutsack without a break, do make it difficult to discuss boxing in his regard, because they are unreasonable and extremely silly.

Comment

Golovkin's defense isn't worth noting but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's easy to hit. Lately he's looked real lackadaisical defensively and as a fan it's been real frustrating to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            The black dudes are just jealous that these White dudes from Eastern Europe are knocking black dudes out
            Wow you pulled race card

Are you white?

How about he fight some decent black fighters lol

Its about the calibre of fighters he fights at his age n experience level

He is a very good fighter knocking out C and D level comp....name 1 A class fighter he beat?

Its fighters who have done more That don't get his hype and they actually fight champs n elite guys.... Look at Roman Gonzalez resume...he beats elite guys all the time with not much fanfare

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              The black dudes are just jealous that these White dudes from Eastern Europe are knocking black dudes out
              We have a winner!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                I won't label him overrated because of a few idiots on this forum who think he is a GOD. I think GGG is the real deal and I think he would crush any current Middleweight with the Balls to Fight Him! So NO he is NOT Overrated!
                Good Post bro.

Comment

Murray and Geale are good fighters. There is nothing subpar about those guys.

GGG destroyed them.

Macklin is a solid contender, decent fighter. GGG dropped him like a bad habit.

People are now starting to underestimate his resume.

Comment

I voted yes. It's possible to be a very good/great fighter and be overrated at the same time. The problem is I can't tell how good he is, since his competition thus far has been sub-par.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                      Name one A or B fighter to offer him a fight.
                      Offer him a fight?? GGG always be the B-side if he fight A-level household fighters. when you are the B-side you dont wait for shot offers, you Beg for the shot.

Pac got through Barerra, marquez and morales in the span of 18 months, he and floyd jump 2 weight divison making a lot of sacrifices for fame and glory.

it was good for GGG to pursue Floyd and willing to come down to 154 for the shot but Floyd not responding, so go find somebody else.

Go beg cotto or canelo for a fight at CW, be happy with 20% of the total purse, fulfill all the diva's demands and have the shot or he can rot at MW fighting bum after bum till retire.

You post the same naive **** again and again in this thread, are you still dont know how this boxing bussines work??

Comment

Working...
                      X