No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Reflects on Pacquiao Demand, Feels Geale Struggling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Smdh. Cotto deserves more respect than this. Seriously.

He fought Margarito at his peak, for goodness sake. He's been involved in many wars. Won some, lost some. Took a catchweight against Pacquiao. And as the sport's third biggest star, and at the end of his career, he doesn't want to shortchange himself. I wonder how many Mexican fans called Chavez a heartless punk when he demanded a catchweight versus Whitaker. Not many, I bet.
    Another poster who reeks of common-sense.

And likely, is not very popular as a result

Comment

I cant remember where i read that years ago but just look it up and you will see many interviews about how upset cotto was at the request of the catchweight, i remember if saying in spanish " 145 no es una categoria" he was upset back then

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        I cant remember where i read that years ago but just look it up and you will see many interviews about how upset cotto was at the request of the catchweight, i remember if saying in spanish " 145 no es una categoria" he was upset back then
        They remember, dont you worry about that.

They remember ^^

Comment

Quit trolling!! Let Canelo and GGG fight each other and the winner fights the little guy that u guys hate. But remember Canelo made a career of fighting jr welters while he was a jr midwt!!! Like when Canelo fought for his first title fight. It was for the WBC welter title and Canelo did not make weight. So what did the WBC do they made the WBC jr midwt title vacant. So Canelo can fight little Hatton (Rickys brother who weighed in @ 147) for jr midwt title. Did u trolls forget that. I didn't!!!!! Now that was some real divaism!!! WBC is the worst of them all!!!! Anything for its peoples!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piritwin2 View Post
            Quit trolling!! Let Canelo and GGG fight each other and the winner fights the little guy that u guys hate. But remember Canelo made a career of fighting jr welters while he was a jr midwt!!! Like when Canelo fought for his first title fight. It was for the WBC welter title and Canelo did not make weight. So what did the WBC do they made the WBC jr midwt title vacant. So Canelo can fight little Hatton (Rickys brother who weighed in @ 147) for jr midwt title. Did u trolls forget that. I didn't!!!!! Now that was some real divaism!!! WBC is the worst of them all!!!! Anything for its peoples!!!!!!!
            no,it's not only the wbc,all are wrong at times,,,and nobody is saying anything about canelo,i think we all hate catchweights but it's just funny how cotto complained then and now it's ok,even saying it's his way or nothing...

http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...o-fight-simple

ugh,weil it's on the ring mag interview where he says that...and yeah canelo fought at a catchweight when he got the title at welter,,so has pac,so has cotto,floyd has fought at catchweight,the problem here is cotto saying he didn't complain when he did,and him saying it's his way now
            Last edited by lopez36; 06-02-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              They remember, dont you worry about that.

They remember ^^
              of course they do,,,,just like some say in Spanish "se hacen pendejos"

Comment

You know what they say about cats who get money and a little taste of power, thats exactly what happened to cotto and this dude is ****ing spoiled rotten, i could halfway understand being a puertorock and defending this cat but anyone else cant wait till he packs up his **** and goes.

Comment

#KneeguelKnowsNoShame

Comment

No u r wrong! Canelo was supposed to fight Ficky Hattons brother Mathew for the WBC welter title. Canelo did not make the weight limit of 147! So the WBC in 1 night strip Maravilla' s WBC jr.mdwt title so Canelo can fight for the vacant WBC jr.mdweight title against little Mathew Hatton a welterwt. So Canelo got rewarded for not making weight in a title fight and gets to fight for a another title with full advantages in weight difference!! Ahora quien se esta hacienda pendejo??

Comment

I definitely lost alot of respect for cotto after all his divaness over the years, however he is right about this. Geale was lucky to even get this opportunity and he agreed to the catchweight, after that there should be nothing to say or complain about. Geale isn't exactly the most shredded middleweight in the world. He definitely has at least 3 pounds of excess fat he could and should shed off. If a world class athlete cant shed 3 lbs of fat in 2 months there is something wrong with that picture. If anything it should make him a little quicker if he does it right.

Comment

Working...
                      X