Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquaio days as an elite WW are over based off losses, choice of opp and new faces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were over when Marquez knock him out why do you think he was fighting Jr welters prior to the scam of the century

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
      to be fair to the fighters ranked in the welterweight division today, he is living largely on old laurels while the young guys are fighting each other...

I think some places dropped Marquez out of their rankings so, Bradley is the only fighter on his record who is a top ten ww today

...Thurman foguth Guerrero, Brook fought Porter, Khan fought Alexander...Mayweather has fought Ortiz, Maidana(2x) and Guerrero...all young strong welterweights who were hungry and Manny was fighting Chris Algieri and Brandon Rios

I cant say he'd steamroll those guys when the only guys he has been fighting lately are guys moving up since he beat Cotto....Bradley just moved up in the first fight, JMM was never a great ww, Rios, and Algieri

All the guys you say he'd steamroll would most likely beat the guys he's been fighting lately
      The truth is that these "young and hungry" welterweights that fought Mayweather (Ortiz, Guerrero, Maidana) are not top welterweights in terms of skills. I'm 100 percents sure that JMM would beat the **** out of each of these guys. Also for Bradley the only hard fight would be with Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
        PAC lost to Floyd and not by brutal fashion. Floyd does enough to win and that's what he did.. Pac spanks any other WW out there but IMO he should retire..

5 years we've waited and that's the performance you give us. Roach and Team didn't look at film and have a plan for Floyds clinching cause he did do that in the Maidana fight.

To top it off, Pac stands in range of Floyds jab all night like long, like really get out the way, come in with a jab, pressure Floyd..

5 years for that performance. I'm still disgusted.. Hang em up Pac. You let your fans down..
        I agree with everything except hanging them up. I think if he comes back against a tough opponent, on regular HBO not ppv, and actually fights hard a lot of those disgusted by his performance against Floyd will forgive him, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty boy_ View Post
          Quit playing man. Pacquiao still beats everybody at 147 not named Mayweather and Thurman.
          he kills thurman, please dont hit me ill run all championship rounds against blown up lightweight guerrero;

Comment

He's a top 5 WW. Other than Floyd I don't think anyone for sure beats him. Thurman has a really, really good chance though. I'd really like to see that fight. He beats everyone else probably.

Comment

Why? Cause he lost to Mayweather, that is some ******ed logic. He'll be back and will have belt pretty soon.

Comment

Yes because he will run in the presidential elections in 2016 in his country.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                  Why? Cause he lost to Mayweather, that is some ******ed logic. He'll be back and will have belt pretty soon.
                  He already said he will be a politician in 2016. I guess he will win those elections.

Many people still don't realise that this was probably Pacquiao's last fight or almost the last. I think he will be +one celebration fight and after he will retire. I can't see that he continues boxing next to his new job.

Comment

so losing to the number 1 p4p fighter of this era - in a competitive fight - now makes you a washed up journeyman?? lol

Comment

Is the TS a Mayweather fan ?

I mean record padding is Floyd's game

Honestly who is beating Manny not named Floyd ?

Thurman ? Hasn't really been tested

Maidana gets smoked easy

who is left Khan ? Who just struggled with Algeri who Manny demolished all you got is Brook ..Lets see how he performs against a top tier WW before again before we put jim in with Manny ..

Comment

Working...
                      X