Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquaio days as an elite WW are over based off losses, choice of opp and new faces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Manny Pacquiao beats any Welterweight no named Mayweather! Lets not get Crazy! It is Mayweather, Pacquiao and the rest of the Welterweights are still a few levels behind.
    im not so sure anymore...it would be nice to see him fight a welterweight not named Bradley or Marquez.....Manny isn't the dynamo he once was and is using his boxing skills....Thurman, Khan, Maidana, and Brook have a far better chance beating Manny than they do Mayweather

I think its time yall break the link between Mayweather and Manny, they are not synonymous like Ali-Frazier, or Hearns-Leonard.....those are rivalries and close fights....Mayweather won 8 or more rounds on Manny like he does everyone else....Maidana gave him a better fight than Manny.

Like you said, their are levels to this....Manny is not on Mayweathers level....their fight showed that, as well as their level of competition the past few years....for all the complaints about Mayweathers opponents, all his opponents in his comeback have been either hall of famers(Cotto, Manny, JMM, and Mosley) or world title holders(Ortiz, Canelo, Maidana, Guerrero)

Manny has fought Bradley, Rios, JMM, and Algieri since 2012 and these guys did absolutely nothing at the weight at the time he fought them.

I'd rather see many fight them than automatically assume he would beat them

Comment

Honestly Manny doesnt not even fight ww's...but he is an ATG and ww is his 7th division

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Didn't Khan just have a hard time with a guy Pac obliterated?
        styles make fights and fighters make fights....Maidana gave Mayweather a better fight than Manny....is Maidana a better fighter than Manny??

I'd rather see Manny fight these guys or retire....the jig is up and top rank need to stop being crabs and get their shallow stable of fighters at 140-147 to fight the other guys out there

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Honestly Manny doesnt not even fight ww's...but he is an ATG and ww is his 7th division

both are good points....I hoped he'd move down years ago if he wasn't gonna fight legit welterweight threats

Comment

He was done after the Margarito fight, thats the fight that took his legs away from him. That was a brutal fight, it showed just how tough Pacquiao was that double bodyshot while he was tied up on the rope was vicious he was in pain but refused to sit down, and he threw punches back with vigor, most guys would have sat down from that body punishment.

As seen in the next fight with Mosley, he could barely bounce in and out like he used to, he was just walking heavy footed and flat footed no more bounce in his steps.

I was impressed how he made Floyd miss and look sloppy, it would have been a real sight to see if they both fought in 2010, wow.

Do I think Pac can hang with other welters? sadly no, Khan, Porter, Thurman, all beat him, he is just going to be used as a stepping stone for Terence Crawford next.

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
              styles make fights and fighters make fights....Maidana gave Mayweather a better fight than Manny....is Maidana a better fighter than Manny??

I'd rather see Manny fight these guys or retire....the jig is up and top rank need to stop being crabs and get their shallow stable of fighters at 140-147 to fight the other guys out there
              If Algieri came at Pac like that, he gets put on his ass more times

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                He was done after the Margarito fight, thats the fight that took his legs away from him. That was a brutal fight, it showed just how tough Pacquiao was that double bodyshot while he was tied up on the rope was vicious he was in pain but refused to sit down, and he threw punches back with vigor, most guys would have sat down from that body punishment.

As seen in the next fight with Mosley, he could barely bounce in and out like he used to, he was just walking heavy footed and flat footed no more bounce in his steps.

I was impressed how he made Floyd miss and look sloppy, it would have been a real sight to see if they both fought in 2010, wow.

Do I think Pac can hang with other welters? sadly no, Khan, Porter, Thurman, all beat him, he is just going to be used as a stepping stone for Terence Crawford next.

You hit the nail on the head...Arum is gonna use Manny to make a name for one of his fighters on the come up

I don't want to see Manny get used up like that

Terrance Crawford is all wrong for Manny and IMO would beat him today at a catchweight of Manny's liking

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  If Algieri came at Pac like that, he gets put on his ass more times
                  Yeah, Floyd even said he would be stupid to walk Pac down, he said Pac learned to fight off the back foot after the first loss to Morales and does his best work when guys try to walk him down. Pac used to never know how to counter off the back foot, but after he lost he became one of the best at attacking aggressive fighters who rush him while on retreat. Nobody really rushes him anymore because they realized it would be asking to get tore up.

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
                    You hit the nail on the head...Arum is gonna use Manny to make a name for one of his fighters on the come up

I don't want to see Manny get used up like that

Terrance Crawford is all wrong for Manny and IMO would beat him today at a catchweight of Manny's liking
                    They won't even fight at a catchweight, Terence can fight him either 140 or 147 and still knock him out, Terence is all wrong he is tall, lanky, awkward and packs a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      They won't even fight at a catchweight, Terence can fight him either 140 or 147 and still knock him out, Terence is all wrong he is tall, lanky, awkward and packs a punch.
                      If Manny comes back healthy, he should come back and fight Provodnikov(it aint like Roach really trains him anymore anyway), Mattyssee or Garcia.....he should come back at 140 and fight one of the top guys their after a tune up.....he is better suited for that weight, where his power will be more potent and he may actually be a lil lighter on his feet without having to build up to welterweight

Comment

Working...
                      X