Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquaio days as an elite WW are over based off losses, choice of opp and new faces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Pac, but with his Congressional job, his age and now this injury, he's definitely not at the top of his game anymore & is on the downside of his peak for sure. Still a great fighter and you cant argue with his accomplishments, but i think his BEST days are behind him. He might surprise a lot of people, including me, but due to those 3 factors i stated, i think he's 1 or 2 fights away from retirement.

As for Elite, He's still the 2nd best WW in the game as of right now so call it what you want....i think he beats Thurman, Khan, Broner & Garcia if those fights were to ever be made.

Id love to see Pac beat the hell out of Paulie though, tired of the jersey shore reject running his mouth

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
      Floyd and Pac are still levels above everybody else not only at 147 but in the sport in general except for some of the smaller guys (gonzalez, rigo, lomachenko).

Just look at the rings 147 rankings and tell me with a straight face any of them would be considered a favorite at all against pac even right now.

Also people keep bringing up Thurman like hes an elite fighter already, the guy was on his bike against Leonard Bundu for 10 rounds and went to war with Robert "Slightly harder puncher than paulie" Guerrero. Now hes figthing Collazo who will probably give him a tough fight. Also got rocked by Soto Karass, i could go on.

Pacquaio even 4 years past prime would spark every single other fighter in the top 10 except for Floydie of course.
      Bundu and Guerrero are legit top 15 welterweights and are More dangerous than non welters Algieri and Rios

PAC is not the number 1 contender anymore...he is 3-3 in his last 6 fights and beat one top 20 contender during that span

Thurman beat 3 guys who are top 20 in his last 3 fights.... Guerrero, bundu and Chavez

Brook beat porter, Carson Jones and Gavin

The other top ten guys are fighting each other....beating one top ten guy in 5 years shouldn't dead lock a ranking...his opposition is not that great

Comment

It's sad that fans want to over hype fighters like Maidana and Porter just to fuel their agenda. Neither of those guys are any better than Rios or Algieri.

As for Pac's best days be being him, I would say yes but he still beat most of the top fighters in the division. He arguably beat Floyd who is supposedly the best in the division.

As for Pac vs Crawford, Pacquiao easily wins that fight. Crawford is okay but he's no future ATG and will be stopped as soon as he steps up. Beating lightweights doesn't prepare you for the best fighter of this generation, even if they are past prime.

Comment

Will be back on regular HBO shortly. Gatekeeper status to follow.

If Manny is smart, he walks away now.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Will be back on regular HBO shortly. Gatekeeper status to follow.

If Manny is smart, he walks away now.
            I've been calling this for years. Arum won't let him

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              I've been calling this for years. Arum won't let him
              Or the IRS won't. I don't know but it's not like his options are so great that he should continue. A bunch of relatively unknown fighters at 140. Everybody else is with Haymon...what's left?

Comment

he's irrelevant at welterweight because the only opponents arum has for him at that weight are marquez and the winner of bradley-vargas. however, i don't think he's completely done, as i would pick him to beat crawford at a catchweight

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  It's sad that fans want to over hype fighters like Maidana and Porter just to fuel their agenda. Neither of those guys are any better than Rios or Algieri.

As for Pac's best days be being him, I would say yes but he still beat most of the top fighters in the division. He arguably beat Floyd who is supposedly the best in the division.

As for Pac vs Crawford, Pacquiao easily wins that fight. Crawford is okay but he's no future ATG and will be stopped as soon as he steps up. Beating lightweights doesn't prepare you for the best fighter of this generation, even if they are past prime.
                  Its simple....maidana and porter actually are welterweights and are top ten and beat top ten guys

Algieri and Rios have done nothing at 147....maidana n porter are better welterweights

The only people who make an argument for PAC winning that fight are his camp, skip bayless and you...he clearly lost to may weather just deal with it... It wasn't even close

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    he's irrelevant at welterweight because the only opponents arum has for him at that weight are marquez and the winner of bradley-vargas. however, i don't think he's completely done, as i would pick him to beat crawford at a catchweight
                    You got a point

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      It wouldn't make sense for Arum to pit Manny against Crawford unless:

a. He thinks Crawford wins.

b. He thinks Crawford doesn't have a prayer in the higher divisions and wants to get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X