Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the toughest fight of Floyd Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    Most physically tough fight. Not closest.
    In that case probably Maidana 1 or Cotto.

Only two fights I've seen him physically tired in.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
      Yea by landing a few jabs and bodyshots
      And somehow Floyd getting hurt twice, losing 4 rounds and having the lowest connect percentage of his entire career against Pacquiao is still in Floyds comfort zone?
      You don't know the meaning of the word hurt. Did he feel the punches? Definitely. Was he hurt? Not really.

4 rounds was the judges being generous as hell btw.

And yes, he was in his comfort zone. View the Castillo I, Maidana I and Cotto fights to see him out of it.

Comment

No one's ever busted him up the way Augustus did. I think that fight was the only fight I've ever seen Floyd gain genuine respect for a guy in the matter of a few exchanges. It was a great fight and speaks to the fact that if u push floyd to fight, he can and will and he's very good at it.

Comment

I think his fight against Jesus Chavez was his toughest fight physically,probably the only fight in his career that resulted in him being hospitalized.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
            What was the most physically tough fight of Floyd Mayweather's pro boxing career?

Right now I'm sipping on red Gatorade and munching on spicy Mexican Chex Mix while I watch Mayweather-Cotto in 1080p 60fps. This fight was a motherfu**** for my boy Money Mayweather. Cotto was beating his ass. Short ass hooks to the body and head and chopping jabs busting up Floyd's face. Mayweather showed the heart of a lion. Very good boxing match.

So, this raises the question: What was Mayweather's toughest fight? Vote and discuss, gentlemen.

Maidana shouldnt be in the list, everyone knows Mayweather made that fight seem exciting on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              Yea by landing a few jabs and bodyshots
              And somehow Floyd getting hurt twice, losing 4 rounds and having the lowest connect percentage of his entire career against Pacquiao is still in Floyds comfort zone?
              Dude, that was a floyd fight through and through. Nothing uncomfortable about that fight. Pac fans are reaching new levels of delusions now.

Comment

got to be castillo 1 but once floyd was healthy he dominated but u could make an argument for cotto or maidana. their styles were tailor made to beat floyd in a sense maidana mostly. the one punch mayweather has hard time defending is that over hand right which maidana throws great. maidana mayweather is probably the perfect fight that shows styles make fights. maidana is no where near best fighter floyd has faced but his style is such a good style to attack floyd with it turned out to be one his toughest opponents

Comment

Although I had him winning against Castillo, despite the injuries, it could have easily been a loss. However the one where he had to push himself the most was probably the first Maidana fight.

Comment

Maidana 1 in terms of physical punishment, he was getting hit a lot, fouled a lot no way he enjoyed that.

Comment

castillo 1

which is the best piece of evidence supporting a pick of duran over floyd at the weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X