Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the toughest fight of Floyd Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he took the most punishment inthe first maidana fight, but i'd attribute that mostly to his legs just not being there that night, and not the opponent.

i should probably read the TS prior to answering questions

marcos maidana is not that good. he was outboxed pretty badly by devon freaking alexander.

if you ask me "who was his toughest opponent?" i'd volunteer the guy who did best against him, which was jose luis castillo in his prime at 135.

Comment

I would say Augustus - in terms of taking punishment. Maidana in the first one is second.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci View Post
        AUgustus was entertaining but maidana or castillo gave him his toughest fight both arguably beat him the first time they fought hence the rematc, cause mayweather himself didnt like the way the fight went and it didnt sit right with him.
        He gave Castillo a rematch to erase any doubts in people's minds that he's the champ at 135, he was young and he wanted to prove something, but with Maidana it's a different story, Floyd was 37, he didn't want to prove anything, he did it cuz it was easy to sell based on how good and competitive the first fight was, but anybody who doesn't deprive themselves from water and sleep saw that Floyd beat Maidana 7-5 easily. I had it 7-4-1.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          castillo 1

which is the best piece of evidence supporting a pick of duran over floyd at the weight.
          Could you say the DeJesus fights are pieces of evidence Floyd could beat Duran?

I would pick Duran, for the record.

Comment

1) Joe luis Castillo I
            2) Marcos Maidana I
            3) Jesus Chavez
            4) Miguel Cotto
            5) Emanuel Augustus
            6) Zab Judah
            7) Oscar Dela Hoya.
            8) Demarcus Corley

All other fights were easy.

Comment

Floyd's toughest fight in his career?

the olympics

look what happened if the judges were not all muricans

and the ref was not murican too.

that was his toughest, the result showed it, he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                Floyd's toughest fight in his career?

the olympics

look what happened if the judges were not all muricans

and the ref was not murican too.

that was his toughest, the result showed it, he lost.
                Looooooooooool

Comment

cotto cotto

Comment

pretty sure mayweather said cotto was the toughest fight he'd had, straight after the fight. you could actually see mayweather getting frustrated with cottos jab.

castillo fight was a long time ago, i think it helped floyd, in the rematch he did much better. in maidana 1 i believe floyd was allowing to make it more exciting, in the rematch he did his thing for the easy victory.

i'd go with cotto

Comment

I'll agree with ts. MAyweather himself said cotto was his toughest and he was actually in the ring with him. Castillo may have been closer but cotto definitely tougher. Look at all the post fights interviews. Especially all acess epilogue. "DAmn he hits harder than a mfer" trout said the same thing btw and both eluded to their stomach and rib in pain the next day. Unlike the usual for floyd he didn't come out the cotto fight looking the way he did when he walked in. Definelty swelling and cuts when usually he looks like he didn't even get hit.
                      Miadana 1 or Castillo Are a close second

Comment

Working...
                      X