Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anyone Else Concerned With Timothy Bradleys Health?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Yep. Although I'd be smh if he lost to Vargas or if it was close. But it won't be long before Tim gets rocked again.
    He'll get to trading and get hit with something big. I can vividly remember the shots he took against Ruslan and I could tell that they took something from him. I mean bombs. I was for sure that he was going to get stopped.

Which is why fighters/athletes need to be smart when they're competing (which doesn't mean or equal being soft). To hell with the fans and what they think. They aren't the ones in there putting their bodies on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Don't worry...he will box this fight. I send him emails every week telling him to do what Floyd does, hit and not get hit. Just box him up behind the jab, tie him up on the inside and punish him to the body. Slip the punches and put on a BOXING clinic but....BIG BUT, don't cruise in ANY rounds at all. If he feels that Vargas is taking the round off and he thinks he is ahead, still pounce on Vargas and rip him with combinations. Make sure that the counter shots are crisp and that he slips away after landing.

I expect him to stick and move and uppercut when Vargas attempts to close the distance.
      Not sure if serious but if you really do email Bradley every week asking him to box like Floyd that is one of the saddest and most hilarious things I've read in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Right, comlete fabrication huh? So who besides Mayweather and JMM were able to beat Pac? Morales? Sure he got a win....and got destroyed in his other two attempts. Pac had an excuse heading into the first bout and arguably Morales could have had a weight related excuse for his 2nd and third bouts. JMM had 4 tries to get a decisive win over Pac and had a perfect punch save him in a bout which he was getting dismatled in. Both of those guys are ATG boxers.

Bradley, when he chooses to box and not brawl is by far one of the best boxers in the world. Peterson just beat the snot out of Garcia and Bradley make him look like a chump. There are levels to this as people say and when he fights his fight, Bradley's level is near the top.
        "When he chooses to box and not brawl he's by far one of the best boxers in the world"

Comment

I don't worry about Bradley's health or the health of any other fighter. That is their and their team and their family's responsibility. I don't worry about the health of race car drivers or hockey players or football players either.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
            smh, still with this ****. Tim did not entirely choose to stand in front of Ruslan...Ruslan made it so. What's up with all these excuses you guys come up with for a fighter's performance? The combined effort of both men make the fight - very, very rarely does one guy dictate everything at that level.

Furthermore, Tim's shorter limbs (and more similiar frame to Ruslan) won't cover the same length of ground as an Algieri [per single step/speed]. Why are physical attributes only applied to Wladimir Klitschko on this website?

And versus Pac, he got tired. Pac was pacing himself wonderfully in that second fight (and this is coming from someone that said, "pac should retire" after watching the 2nd bout initially) He let Tim get his **** off, he made him miss, took the steam off his punches and had an easier time timing him thereafter and went on to take the fight from a tired man in the second half, but again, I don't mean to suggest it was luck, Pac helped make it so.

To excuse one guy is to discredit the other. I don't mean to pick on you specifically PBB, I just feel like this website has more boxing naysayers than it does fans - too preoccupied with discrediting fights than we are with appreciating them.
            I think your wrong. He stood in the pocket too long for the first 2 rounds, got badly concussed, then got cursed out by his trainer for not following game plan. While concussed, he won 7-8 of the final 10 rounds by moving, boxing and working behind his jab.

When he was on his bike, Ruslan had no answer for him.

I'm not downplaying Ruslan. He capitalized on mistakes.

Comment

Honestly I smell a Top Rank fix. Seems like excuses are already being made for Tim, why all of a sudden did this Diaz video talking about Bradley just now gone viral? Tim all of a sudden starts commentating on TruTv and explains how much he likes it. He draws a controversial decision with Chavez etc... I have a feeling TR is trying to get rid of Tim Bradley but I dont think Tims objecting to hard to it either. Tims made plenty of $, more than he couldve ever imagined, I wouldnt be surprised if Tim takes a dive against Vargas or loses a controversial decision and retires on his own terms. Tim dont have to many options under TR so if Arums offering him some step aside cash along with a broadcasting gig, Im sure it makes some business sense. I hope I am wrong but seems fishy. But if I am wrong, Tim boxes Vargas ears off.

Comment

Bradley is, or at least at one point was. a pretty good boxer. He convincingly beat Peterson boxing, something neither Khan or Garcia could do. He did outbox Marquez. He has proven he can win that way, but he too easily reverts back to his origins as the guy looking to outwork and outhustle his opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Honestly I smell a Top Rank fix. Seems like excuses are already being made for Tim, why all of a sudden did this Diaz video talking about Bradley just now gone viral? Tim all of a sudden starts commentating on TruTv and explains how much he likes it. He draws a controversial decision with Chavez etc... I have a feeling TR is trying to get rid of Tim Bradley but I dont think Tims objecting to hard to it either. Tims made plenty of $, more than he couldve ever imagined, I wouldnt be surprised if Tim takes a dive against Vargas or loses a controversial decision and retires on his own terms. Tim dont have to many options under TR so if Arums offering him some step aside cash along with a broadcasting gig, Im sure it makes some business sense. I hope I am wrong but seems fishy. But if I am wrong, Tim boxes Vargas ears off.
                  Tim's going to have to win like 9 rounds to get a 7-5 decision against Vargas, and that's at best. He might need to win like like 11 rounds to get a 7-5 decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Tim's going to have to win like 9 rounds to get a 7-5 decision against Vargas, and that's at best. He might need to win like like 11 rounds to get a 7-5 decision.
                    I agree, the venue and promotion favor Vargas. The only thing Tim has on his side on this 1 is Vargas doesnt hit hard either so the judges cant base hard punching as their final decision.

Comment

Fighting Ruslan is no joke, Ruslan might have had his face messed up, but Bradley had hsi brain messed up.

Comment

Working...
                      X