Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anyone Else Concerned With Timothy Bradleys Health?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Jones is starting to slur a bit.

Bradley looked bad to me in his last bout. I had much higher expectations for him but he peaked with the first Pacquiao fight and hasn't been the same since. Not sure if a lack of desire or perhaps residuals from the Ruslan war but he's on a downward slope.
    I think it was the aftermath if the first Pacquiao fight. He's been on a desperate mission to gain love from fans who were going to hate him regardless. Ass holes still booed him after the Ruslan fight.

He boxes nicely against Marquez and early on in the Pac rematch then starts trying to be a sloppy brawler. I thought he beat Chavez but he didn't look like a pound for pound fighter. .

Now you hear him in interviews he's talking about pleasing the fans is more important to winning and he doesn't want to be labeled a runner. So it's not looking good for dude.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      He went the fan friendly route and it took years off his career. He been taking so much unnecessary punishment lately. Lesson learned....fight your fight.
      Right... The "true" Bradley was that from the first Pac fight.

Comment

yeah he admitted hes pretty much on his way out, he was always a goof junior welter and avrage welter who got hyped for the purpose of making pac mans win(s) look better than they were

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
          yeah he admitted hes pretty much on his way out, he was always a goof junior welter and avrage welter who got hyped for the purpose of making pac mans win(s) look better than they were
          I think bradley has a good chance of beating maywaether.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            It's not that simple. Wilfred Benitez was one of the best defensive fighters ever and he's wheelchair bound in a nursing home. Carmen Basilio was a 'brawler' who fought some of the biggest punchers ever and he was as sharp as a tack his whole life.

Some people win the genetic lottery and can escape the punishment of a boxing career relatively unmarked. Others don't.
            of course its that simple. boxing is dangerous for any fighter even defensive they still get hit in the head and as fans we take it for granted just what these guys are putting on the line. yes all fighters are at risk but to pretend brawlers are not at way higher risk of brain damage is ridiculous. i just think the way fans treat defensive fighters as sissy or boring does a disservice to fighters. i think as fans we take for granted just what these guys put their body thru in the ring its life shortening and causes brain damage. not to mention these things lead fighters to be more prone to addiction and other things. All im saying is i think fans need to quit this sentiment that only head first/brawlers are only fighters that matter for one its not good for the sport and makes it only entertainment. Im not trying to sound like the mom who wont let their kid play football cause of risk of head injuries i just think as fans we need to step back and not take these fighters for granted defensive or offensive fighters cause they really are putting everytjhing on the line. they leave a piece each time they step into the ring

Comment

Tim always brings entertainment, and I have a lot of respect for him. Unfortunately I am worried about him. A friend of mine lives out in the California desert near Tim, and he witnessed Tim having a fully-involved argument with a Joshua tree.

Comment

He went the fan friendly route and it took years off his career. He been taking so much unecessary punishment lately. Lesson learned....fight your fight.
                smh, still with this ****. Tim did not entirely choose to stand in front of Ruslan...Ruslan made it so. What's up with all these excuses you guys come up with for a fighter's performance? The combined effort of both men make the fight - very, very rarely does one guy dictate everything at that level.

Furthermore, Tim's shorter limbs (and more similiar frame to Ruslan) won't cover the same length of ground as an Algieri [per single step/speed]. Why are physical attributes only applied to Wladimir Klitschko on this website?

And versus Pac, he got tired. Pac was pacing himself wonderfully in that second fight (and this is coming from someone that said, "pac should retire" after watching the 2nd bout initially) He let Tim get his **** off, he made him miss, took the steam off his punches and had an easier time timing him thereafter and went on to take the fight from a tired man in the second half, but again, I don't mean to suggest it was luck, Pac helped make it so.

To excuse one guy is to discredit the other. I don't mean to pick on you specifically PBB, I just feel like this website has more boxing naysayers than it does fans - too preoccupied with discrediting fights than we are with appreciating them.
                Last edited by SCEN3RY; 05-22-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I think it was the aftermath if the first Pacquiao fight. He's been on a desperate mission to gain love from fans who were going to hate him regardless. Ass holes still booed him after the Ruslan fight.

He boxes nicely against Marquez and early on in the Pac rematch then starts trying to be a sloppy brawler. I thought he beat Chavez but he didn't look like a pound for pound fighter. .

Now you hear him in interviews he's talking about pleasing the fans is more important to winning and he doesn't want to be labeled a runner. So it's not looking good for dude.
                  He did box nicely against Marquez but he wilted in that fight as well. That left hand he landed in the twelfth makes it look as if he closed strong but he really didn't. Marquez was putting it on him over the last half. He looked off to me.

And I agree, thought he beat Chavez but he didn't look too hot. That Diaz interview is a little disturbing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    It's not that simple. Wilfred Benitez was one of the best defensive fighters ever and he's wheelchair bound in a nursing home. Carmen Basilio was a 'brawler' who fought some of the biggest punchers ever and he was as sharp as a tack his whole life.

Some people win the genetic lottery and can escape the punishment of a boxing career relatively unmarked. Others don't.
                    That's true, there's a lot of luck/bad luck involved.

Comment

Explain to me again why Mayweather should fight toe to toe?

Comment

Working...
                      X