• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana...........

Comment

• Castillo 1
      Oscar
      Maidana
      2 and 3 are about a tie. I would have had the least problem with Castillo getting the decision.
      Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 04-27-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Castillo won clearly.
        Oscar won if the fight ended after 6. Oscar loaded up late, failed and lost clearly.
        Floyd won clearly over Maidana. Good fight though.

Comment

• Maidana. He was very rough and unorthodox and Floyd couldn't read him easily like he does everyone else.

I think Floyd's age was really showing in that one too, where a younger strong guy could give him real problems. People act like Floyd never ages but at the end of his career, he was clearly becoming an ageing fighter in the physical side of it.

He definitely retired at the right time.

Something i always give Floyd credit for was that he give the likes of Maidana and Castillo a rematch. Many fighters would have taken their W and ran with it, like Canelo did with Lara.

Comment

• Why in the hell did this come back up? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              Maidana. He was very rough and unorthodox and Floyd couldn't read him easily like he does everyone else.

I think Floyd's age was really showing in that one too, where a younger strong guy could give him real problems. People act like Floyd never ages but at the end of his career, he was clearly becoming an ageing fighter in the physical side of it.

He definitely retired at the right time.

Something i always give Floyd credit for was that he give the likes of Maidana and Castillo a rematch. Many fighters would have taken their W and ran with it, like Canelo did with Lara.

Age had not\thing tto do with it. Both the Maidana fights were before Floyd SCHOOLED Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                [/COLOR]Age had not\thing tto do with it. Both the Maidana fights were before Floyd SCHOOLED Manny.
                Many was an ageing fighter too though. Floyd would have been all wrong for Manny at any point i think, whether they were young or old.

Floyd had been looking more flat footed and old since the Mosley and Ortiz fights. He looked good v Canelo because Canelo struggles with any movement but look at the difference even from Floyd v JMM to the fights after that, his legs were getting old and he couldn't move the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  [/COLOR]Age had not\thing tto do with it. Both the Maidana fights were before Floyd SCHOOLED Manny.
                  Age had a lot to do with it he was 37 years old at the time and way past his best.

Maidana did great against Floyd who was still P4P #1 but let's not pretend he was in his prime.

Comment

• Honestly though Madiana did him over in first fight, it was a mugging of epic proportions

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Age had a lot to do with it he was 37 years old at the time and way past his best.

Maidana did great against Floyd who was still P4P #1 but let's not pretend he was in his prime.
                      Your age doesn't dictate your prime in boxing, the damage you take does, and Floyd never took much of it.

37 boxing aside isn't what it used to be either, especially to the athlete.

Floyd altered his style to be more economical because he became a wiser fighter, not because he couldn't move well. His only issue was his brittle hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X