Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time Mayweather fought someone taller than him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    So, he has fought a few people 1cm taller than him. Wow, what a risk. Think of Martinez fighting Chavez Jr (3 inches taller) or Paul Williams (3 inches taller), or Kelly Pavlik (4 inches taller)... that is taking risks and not cherry picking. Most fighters do it all the time. But the so called TBE... avoids it.
    OK. How many guys did Tommy Hearns fight who was taller than him? No risks, take him out of the HOF.

Your 1st 4 posts have been absolute shit!!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Castillo was taller
      No.JLC Castilo was ~172 cm

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        no one taller worth fighting
        Really...?

Comment

That 5'9 listed height is very kind to Alvarez. No way is he 5'9/

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            You asked who has he fought who's taller. Both Canelo and Ortiz are taller and by more than you're saying aswell.

He fought Corrales who was 5'11. Hernandez was 5'11. N'Dou was 5'11.

Castillo was taller, Mosley was taller, Oscar was taller,
            Guerrero too, right? Sosa was also taller.

Comment

So, he has fought a few people 1cm taller than him. Wow, what a risk. Think of Martinez fighting Chavez Jr (3 inches taller) or Paul Williams (3 inches taller), or Kelly Pavlik (4 inches taller)... that is taking risks and not cherry picking. Most fighters do it all the time. But the so called TBE... avoids it.
              Diego corrales was significantly taller, pretty sure oscar had a few inches in him as well. Boxer's height is always exaggerated to sound better, Floyd isn't 5'8. My girl is taller than cotto and she's a little over 5'7. I'd say Floyd is probably 5'6 or so.

Comment

Canelo is 0.3 inch (1cm) taller than him. Same Ortiz. Does it count? I mean... you think of Pacquiao.. he has fought people that was three inches or more taller than him. You think of Matthysse, Broner, Martinez... they all fought people a few inches taller than him.

Why is mayweather never taking that risk and avoiding fighters that are taller than him by a few inches? he only agreed to fight dela hoya but he was wasted already and about to retire.
                who around his weight is tall then him just beacuse you are taller then someone dont make you a better fighter.

Comment

Corrales was 2 inches taller than Floyd... and that was more than 14 years ago!! read the title of the topic. You're basically saying I'm right.
                  you're just feeding the vicarious flomo persecution complex maxi, "see, they all out to get Munny Mai, hatin' on him", they'll soon be pulling up past boxers who didn't fight many taller opponents
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 04-28-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

No he is avoiding taller fighters.lol

Comment

Corrales was 2 inches taller than Floyd... and that was more than 14 years ago!! read the title of the topic. You're basically saying I'm right.
                      4 posts and you've already made it into my block list. Bye now.

Comment

Working...
                      X