Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time Mayweather fought someone taller than him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Canelo is 0.3 inch (1cm) taller than him. Same Ortiz. Does it count? I mean... you think of Pacquiao.. he has fought people that was three inches or more taller than him. You think of Matthysse, Broner, Martinez... they all fought people a few inches taller than him.

Why is mayweather never taking that risk and avoiding fighters that are taller than him by a few inches? he only agreed to fight dela hoya but he was wasted already and about to retire.
    Diego Corrales was about 3 inches taller than Floyd. How did that fight go?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
      Canelo ~5'8 also, not 5'9
      Real name
      Santos Saúl Álvarez Barragán

Nickname(s)
      El Canelo (lit. The Male-Cinnamon, i.e. Redhead, Redheaded horse)

Rated at
      Light Middleweight (154 lb)

Height
      5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)

Reach
      71 in (180 cm)

Nationality
      Mexican

Born
      July 18, 1990 (age 24)
      Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Stance
      Orthodox

Comment

John brown was taller.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Real name
          Santos Saúl Álvarez Barragán

Nickname(s)
          El Canelo (lit. The Male-Cinnamon, i.e. Redhead, Redheaded horse)

Rated at
          Light Middleweight (154 lb)

Height
          5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)

Reach
          71 in (180 cm)

Nationality
          Mexican

Born
          July 18, 1990 (age 24)
          Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Stance
          Orthodox
          BS

Mayweather maybe even 0.3-0.5 inch taller
          Last edited by Jimmy 23; 04-28-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Canelo is 0.3 inch (1cm) taller than him. Same Ortiz. Does it count? I mean... you think of Pacquiao.. he has fought people that was three inches or more taller than him. You think of Matthysse, Broner, Martinez... they all fought people a few inches taller than him.

Why is mayweather never taking that risk and avoiding fighters that are taller than him by a few inches? he only agreed to fight dela hoya but he was wasted already and about to retire.
            Corrales, Tony Pep, Genaro Hernandez, NDou...just from the top of my head, as well as most of the names mentioned in this thread.

Comment

So, he has fought a few people 1cm taller than him. Wow, what a risk. Think of Martinez fighting Chavez Jr (3 inches taller) or Paul Williams (3 inches taller), or Kelly Pavlik (4 inches taller)... that is taking risks and not cherry picking. Most fighters do it all the time. But the so called TBE... avoids it.

Comment

no one taller worth fighting

Comment

forget fighting the champions in your division. You gotta go for the tall guys that fight in the small weight classes because there are so many guys out there that will satisfy your height requirement and also weigh in at 147, and also be the best available fighter.

Comment

Corrales was 2 inches taller than Floyd... and that was more than 14 years ago!! read the title of the topic. You're basically saying I'm right.

Comment

You asked who has he fought who's taller. Both Canelo and Ortiz are taller and by more than you're saying aswell.

He fought Corrales who was 5'11. Hernandez was 5'11. N'Dou was 5'11.

Castillo was taller, Mosley was taller, Oscar was taller.

Comment

Working...
                      X