Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a double standard for Kovalev and Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... you mad about Scots, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Crawford still has to prove himself at Jr. Welterweight... He doesn't have such a long reach... But he looks OK...
      of course. but he has potential.

get him another title and a good win or two.

put him in there with manny before he retires.

great opportunity for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        If Stevensons duck was a "business decision" then it was a very poor one. Ever since ducking Kov, his stock has dropped immensely. He's been making less money to fight lesser competition.
        No.

In fact its the complete opposite.

Stevenson makes more regardless of who he fights. Alot more.

Thats why Main Events cant outbid GYM. HBO wants to underpay Kovalev for the duration of his career, and Stevenson wont go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          The turn of the events has some posters in here really showing their skirt
          are there that many passionate about arguing kov/adon

i like kov and adon is aight but not really something that big.

i'm more upset about ggg/serg and ggg/cotto.

kov got a big name fight with bhop at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            are there that many passionate about arguing kov/adon

i like kov and adon is aight but not really something that big.

i'm more upset about ggg/serg and ggg/cotto.

kov got a big name fight with bhop at least.
            Kovalev and Adonis will fight. It's just a matter of when, really. I'm just chuckling as I remember endless threads about Adonis ducking back in the day. When will posters grow up and see that fights not getting made is almost always about business?

Anyway, I hear you on those GGG fights not happening. Although I'd rather he take on a challenge. Not convinced Cotto can provide one but who knows? I feel GGG is a man amongst boys at 160 and should move up. Take on Bika, even. So many good fights in that division for him. Anything beats beating on the Monroe's of the world and making out to be a god.

Comment

The turn of the events has some posters in here really showing their skirt
              It sure has. It's pathetic but entertaining to watch their true colors and agendas exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                It sure has. It's pathetic but entertaining to watch their true colors and agendas exposed.
                It is. Some bitter ass posters in here.

In Katt Williams voice: "Ya shouldn't have been talking ****!"

Comment

Kovalev and Adonis will fight. It's just a matter of when, really. I'm just chuckling as I remember endless threads about Adonis ducking back in the day. When will posters grow up and see that fights not getting made is almost always about business?

Anyway, I hear you on those GGG fights not happening. Although I'd rather he take on a challenge. Not convinced Cotto can provide one but who knows? I feel GGG is a man amongst boys at 160 and should move up. Take on Bika, even. So many good fights in that division for him. Anything beats beating on the Monroe's of the world and making out to be a god.
                  cotto is no challenge but he'll lead to better opp hopefully.

ggg beats cotto. gets his name out to casuals.

his fights make more money, guys are more willing to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    cotto is no challenge but he'll lead to better opp hopefully.

ggg beats cotto. gets his name out to casuals.

his fights make more money, guys are more willing to fight him.
                    Yeah -- which is why I'm not convinced Cotto takes the fight. So what does GGG do? Keep on fighting no-hopers. By all means. It ain't my money. But he's 33. He can either sit around and wait, or he can move up. The latter isn't happening anytime soon. Neither is a Cotto fight. Which is why he'll continue being an unknown and continue to have a mediocre resume. Such is life.

Comment

It's vice versa, Stevenson would be getting crucified if his team did this. Somehow Stevenson is a duck but Kovalev is just being a good business man.

Comment

Working...
                      X