Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a double standard for Kovalev and Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    When all else fails, just blame Haymon and pretend you know what you are talking about. Right?
    No, kid: Kovalev is plainly ducking the pimp, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      you know who's the next cash cow possibly?

terence crawford. big time backing from top rank and hbo.

got skills AND entertaining.

they'll build him up then make him a star with a pac fight.

remember they were talking about pac is going to 140 if no floyd?

terence is set to win a 140 belt.

i can see a pac fight next year or so.

beat an old pac. you got your next big name.
      Crawford still has to prove himself at Jr. Welterweight... He doesn't have such a long reach... But he looks OK...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        It would have been easy for Haymon to replicate the Floyd-Pac formula (PPV on both Show and HBO)... He didn't want this. Why?... Can't they hype it and sell it big enough at venues such as Bell Centre or Pepsi in Quebec?...
        Oh so now its EASY for Haymon to get HBO and SHO to do work together?

You realize the difference in magnitude between Kov-Stevenson and Pac-Floyd?

You are being completely unrealistic, to say the least.

But like I said when all else fails blame Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          I don't think they did. GYM asked for the quick pursebid thereby outmanouvering Main Events.

Why WBC would want a pursebid so early when interim fights have already been scheduled is beyond me. I don't know if there's a precedent.
          This fight isn't getting made unless it's a purse bid, doubt these guys come up with a 50/50 plan.

Comment

I dont get it.

All those posters who lamely defended Stevensons duck of Kovalev by saying it was a binnisdecision, is now attacking Kovalev for making a binnisdecision.

Why are they not defending him in the same obnoxious manner?

Why the double standard?

If Stevensons duck was a "business decision" then it was a very poor one. Ever since ducking Kov, his stock has dropped immensely. He's been making less money to fight lesser competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Stevenson deserved the blame a year ago..

Currently the blame is on kovolev and duva.. They wanted to be mandatory, got a purse bid, had Stevenson backed into a corner and then basically said "no mas"
              basically...

Comment

Clearly business decision on both sides. It's so so rare that a fighter "ducks" another. But there are so many kids on here that it's easy to see why those who defended Stevenson are now turning the tables -- they were greatly outnumbered before so of course they're gonna rub it in faces.

Comment

I dont get it.

All those posters who lamely defended Stevensons duck of Kovalev by saying it was a binnisdecision, is now attacking Kovalev for making a binnisdecision.

Why are they not defending him in the same obnoxious manner?

Why the double standard?

there were far more posters bashing stevenson and are now defending Kov

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    If Stevensons duck was a "business decision" then it was a very poor one. Ever since ducking Kov, his stock has dropped immensely. He's been making less money to fight lesser competition.
                    I repeat: ... Some people here pretend that the Fonfara, Shutkovsky, Bika sequence just catapulted Adonis into the pimps' pantheon... What a sad joke.

Comment

The turn of the events has some posters in here really showing their skirt

Comment

Working...
                      X