Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a double standard for Kovalev and Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Stevenson took the actions he did in pursuit of bigger money.

Kovalev/Duva are actually waking away from a purse bid (that they themselves asked for!) because they don't want to take big money if it's coming from Al Haymon. How is that smart "binnis?"

Incidentally, the term "binnis decision" is a mockery of black people's speech. We saw a lot of that being thrown around when Stevenson was accused of ducking

Now that Kovalev is ducking where is the mockery of Russian speech? Anybody see anything mean spirited like that going on yet?

Double standards indeed.
    English isn't Kovalev's first language, he's just in the process of learning it. Not so long ago he didn't know how to speak hardly a word of English.

I'm sure if Sergey's children grow up in America with English as their first language, they'll learn to speak the language coherently and intelligently.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      should have just done it on hbo already but I think things shaped up better now and it will be for all the belts. Just do it on PBC lol
      it already would of been for all the belts and instead of ppv it would of been free

Comment

Bat - You haven't gone after Kovalev the same as you did when the situation was reversed?

That's the double standard.

Is Stevenson afraid of Kovalev? No. Come on. Is Kovalev afraid? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

It's business. It's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
          I don't mind Kovalev not fighting Stevenson at this point. Stevenson made him wait long enough now, let Kovalev make him wait now
          lol ya ok there is no fight now but aqs long they get taste theor own medicine

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Kovalev ain't a bidniss man doe
            Hahaha Quillin is the worst bidnis man ever dough. Turn down 1.5 million lose his belt and the last shreds of his reputation to fight for the same belt he dropped for half the money and not even get the belt back.

The reason why people don't care so much Kovalev stopped this fight from happening is because he just whooped the two guys Stevenson ducked after ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Kovalev mack sleek Moscow KGB biznies move

Meh.. I tried.
              I must duck you.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
                its cause kovelev is white, all the black posters here hate white boxers who are up against a balck fighter for some reason. So their will always be double standards applied to non blacks by blacks posters here.
                Yeah let's act like the problem would be only "black posters don't like white fighters" and wouldn't be a ****load of newfound white supermacists on nsb. The only guy who threw in a directly racist comment in this thread was Foreign Soul and he was repeated the term "homeboys" like a broken record.

The biggest problem with plenty of users on this site that they look at this word like children or very uneducated people (maybe they are?): polarised. They see things black and white (I don't mean to the skin colour now). they think that in every situation there's an evil and there's a good, there's the macho, honest good guy and there's the lowlife, coward, etc... guy. Sometimes they pair this up with their national and/or racist agendas.
                They are just not capable of see the grey zone between white and black and that's why they are either shameless dickriders or haters depend on the certain fighter. If they have to criticize their favourite they don't do it, they are making excuses, if they should give credit to their hated fighters they don't do it, they're making excuses yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Stevenson took the actions he did in pursuit of bigger money.

Kovalev/Duva are actually waking away from a purse bid (that they themselves asked for!) because they don't want to take big money if it's coming from Al Haymon. How is that smart "binnis?"

Incidentally, the term "binnis decision" is a mockery of black people's speech. We saw a lot of that being thrown around when Stevenson was accused of ducking
                  Well I did not know that the term 'binnis' was directed at a particular ethnic Group. I thought it was directed towards below average IQ people and not Blacks in particular. English is not my first language.
                  Now that Kovalev is ducking where is the mockery of Russian speech? Anybody see anything mean spirited like that going on yet?

Double standards indeed.
                  Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I must duck you.

Watch out now Bo. I'm sure Shoulderroll reports you. Unless of course that he caries a double standard and only reports certain satire.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Well I did not know that the term 'binnis' was directed at a particular ethnic Group. I thought it was directed towards below average IQ people and not Blacks in particular. English is not my first language.

Watch out now Bo. I'm sure Shoulderroll reports you. Unless of course that he caries a double standard and only reports certain satire.
                    I couldn't care less what Shoulder Roll has to say. Just a fanboy masquerading as an unbiased know it all.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                      Yeah let's act like the problem would be only "black posters don't like white fighters" and wouldn't be a ****load of newfound white supermacists on nsb. The only guy who threw in a directly racist comment in this thread was Foreign Soul and he was repeated the term "homeboys" like a broken record.

The biggest problem with plenty of users on this site that they look at this word like children or very uneducated people (maybe they are?): polarised. They see things black and white (I don't mean to the skin colour now). they think that in every situation there's an evil and there's a good, there's the macho, honest good guy and there's the lowlife, coward, etc... guy. Sometimes they pair this up with their national and/or racist agendas.
                      They are just not capable of see the grey zone between white and black and that's why they are either shameless dickriders or haters depend on the certain fighter. If they have to criticize their favourite they don't do it, they are making excuses, if they should give credit to their hated fighters they don't do it, they're making excuses yet again.
                      I would say that the simple world view problem extends far beyond the posters on this forum, and into a large portion of the populace.
                      Last edited by LittleMacAttack; 04-17-2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X