Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a double standard for Kovalev and Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread is already backfiring on you Bat. Kov/Duva are wrong for this.

When Stevenson/haymon walked away from the fight you criticized the business decision and said it is indicative of what hurts the sport. Now you are advocating posters use this to defend Kov/Duva because a couple of posters did so before.

You have shamed yourself.

Comment

should have just done it on hbo already but I think things shaped up better now and it will be for all the belts. Just do it on PBC lol

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        I dont remember many posters defending Stevenson. At all.
        Maybe you where not around? Lots of posters put forth an absurd defense.

But Ill explain the difference anyway.

Duva and Kovalev spent last year and half trash talking Stevenson. They requested the mando position. They had Stevenson 'cornered'. They were in the position to either make Stevenson fight or get stripped.

But when it was right in front of them, they ran and ducked under HBO's skirts.

On the 'bidniss' side of things, Main Events got flat out bullied. By GYM and by HBO, who ensured they will underpay Kovalev for the duration of his contract. Kovalev has no 'bidniss' argument to stand on.
        I agree on your take so far on the current situation. You might enjoy going back to read how Stevenson suddenly broke away from a deal with HBO and Main Events and signing with Haymon instead. Not pretty at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Maybe you where not around? Lots of posters put forth an absurd defense.

I agree on your take so far on the current situation. You might enjoy going back to read how Stevenson suddenly broke away from a deal with HBO and Main Events and signing with Haymon instead. Not pretty at all.
          Ok maybe I should just say that I didnt defend him.

I know the details of how he left the deal. No its not pretty. But lets be honest, Stevenson has gotten the proper backlash for it. From the fans at least.

In his defense, he did go on to bigger paydays. If you compare his purse to the other LHWs its really laughable.

Kovalev is tying himself to HBO for what?

Im willing to bet HBO told Duva that if she wants to put on more Main Events shows on their network, she has to sign Kovalev to this long term deal.

Comment

He gets punched in head not me so im alright with it and said so. I want yo see fight but kov worrying about kov and who am i to argue that.

But i didnt call stevenson a duck or coward for doing the exact same thing

Comment

What double standard is there? Stevenson (or Haymon) ran off with his tail between his legs because he was scared of Kovalev . Now, Stevenson needs Kovalev and Duva didn't want her name out of the promotion because she would have been outbid. This one is on Duva the first time was all on Stevenson (or Haymon).
              Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 04-16-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Battling, I'm calling you out on this topic.. Don't reply to anyone else in this thread and I'll gladly put you to shame. I daring you to accept this debate I'm offering you. We can do this through messages in this thread on here or have a live chat/podcast for readers and listeners to follow as it happens. What say you?

Comment

Lol the deflecting continues. Your boy ducked. Now u wanna talk about the past. Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Their "homeboy" might beat Kovalev in the ring if Kovalev doesn't walk away.
                    Hasn't happened yet. Homeboys getting dropped left n right. Already see posters adopting Beterbiev as their homie since they lacked the confidence in Aducknis.

Comment

Stevenson got a lot of abuse for that and deservedly so.

Comment

Working...
                      X