Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a double standard for Kovalev and Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    What our friend here 285Kid managed to delete from the picture was exactly the column with the fightnews rankings...

Well we don't go by that site ranking , We go by ring magazine ranking on this forum, I just post WBA, WBC, IBF, and WBO ranking

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      I'll repeat this: the fight has a PPV potential; aired by both Showtime and HBO; with Quebec region as venue...
      ... This isn't worth downgrading into a Haymon circus show.
      Let's say Haymon put up $4m for the US TV rights for the fight; for the fighters to get that same money off of PPV, they're going to need to generate $7m-$9m in PPV revenue. @$49.99, you'd need 150k buys (plus whatever equivalent number of buys needed to market the fight).

The fight does have PPV potential ... as long as the TV partner is willing to put up the money to front the costs of the event (paying everyone Monday morning, while the actually money from the fight trickles in over the following 18 months). Is HBO willing to put up the front money, especially in an environment when HBO is already spooked of the idea of bidding against Haymon to air the fight on regular TV?

I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I don't think they did. GYM asked for the quick pursebid thereby outmanouvering Main Events.

Why WBC would want a pursebid so early when interim fights have already been scheduled is beyond me. I don't know if there's a precedent.
        Stevenson isn't tied to a formal TV partner and, according to the words from Duva's own mouth, the Pascal fight was the last fight under the initial HBO deal.

You call the early purse bid so that you lock in Stevenson-Kovalev to happen at a future date, while also letting Kovalev manage his own business affairs beyond the proposed fight (Kovalev could sign with HBO if he wanted, but HBO wouldn't be allowed to bar the Kovalev-Stevenson fight, since it would've already been agreed to, pre new deal).

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          Who's Stevesson fighting next? Kovalev will fight Nadjib Mohammedi #2 WBA , #1 IBF, #2 WBO

Stevenson was supposed to be facing his mandatory challenger; with his mandatory dealing with his own mandatory, Stevenson will likely take a stay-busy fight. Most sanctioning bodies allow their champion to fight anyone ranked in their top 15.

Comment

I have more of an issue with people who REFUSE to bash Kovalev and his people for this underhanded bull**** when they ripped Stevenson to shreds for signing with Haymon. We all know what that ilk espouses. Their blatant hatred for any fighter with a bit of pigment makes me sick to my fucking stomach. They are a disease that need to be eradicated from this board.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              I have more of an issue with people who REFUSE to bash Kovalev and his people for this underhanded bull**** when they ripped Stevenson to shreds for signing with Haymon. We all know what that ilk espouses.
              How do you feel about all those who refused to to bash Stevenson last year but are ripping Kovalev and Duva to shreds now?

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Their blatant hatred for any fighter with a bit of pigment makes me sick to my fucking stomach. They are a disease that need to be eradicated from this board.
              How do you feel about all those who ripped Klitschko, Calzaghe, etc to shreds for years because of their lack of pigment? Does that make you sick to your stomach? Are they a disease that need to be eradicated from the board?

Peoples' dislike of Stevenson isn't about race. He was a pimp enforcer, who used to beat up teenaged girls to force them into prostitution. He even forced them to fight each other naked for his amusement.

A scumbag like Adonis would never be liked by many whether he were black, white, red, yellow, or brown. Why can't you understand that?

Comment

naughty kovalev

he racist doe

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post

naughty kovalev

he racist doe
                  I don't know about racist but at the moment he is a ducker, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Well I did not know that the term 'binnis' was directed at a particular ethnic Group. I thought it was directed towards below average IQ people and not Blacks in particular. English is not my first language.

Watch out now Bo. I'm sure Shoulderroll reports you. Unless of course that he caries a double standard and only reports certain satire.
                    battling ive always loved your posts, so i will say saying it like that can be attached to attacking the vernacular of african american speech, almost like coded language used to indirectly insult blacks as a whole. I know you dont mean it like this, but with the way NSB is, and jackasses like junior gong doing it all the time, it can come across like that.

Comment

• This racist idiot is supported by the same people that wanted Kovalev to "kill" Hopkins. There's your double standard. Now he's ducking Adonis and not one peep.

Comment

Working...
                      X