Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a double standard for Kovalev and Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While Stevenson is a scumbag, bringing up the goddamn exchange rate to not fight someone is Scumbag 101.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      I dont get it.

All those posters who lamely defended Stevensons duck of Kovalev by saying it was a binnisdecision, is now attacking Kovalev for making a binnisdecision.

Why are they not defending him in the same obnoxious manner?

Why the double standard?

kovalev didn't make any decision.

hbo did.

when the major tv network you are under contract with says something you do.

from my limited understanding, if kovalev/his promoter lost the bid hbo wasn't gonna let him fight on a different network.

that's why they pulled their purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

hbo did.

from my limited understanding, if kovalev/his promoter lost the bid hbo wasn't gonna let him fight on a different network.

If they knew they wouldn't/couldn't ditch HBO, then they shouldn't have requested mandatory status before their HBO contract was out.

Comment

hbo did.

That's why they pulled their purse bid.
          Then why kick and scream for a purse bid?

Comment

hbo did.

I'll repeat this: the fight has a PPV potential; aired by both Showtime and HBO; with Quebec region as venue...
            ... This isn't worth downgrading into a Haymon circus show.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Then why kick and scream for a purse bid?
              I don't think they did. GYM asked for the quick pursebid thereby outmanouvering Main Events.

Why WBC would want a pursebid so early when interim fights have already been scheduled is beyond me. I don't know if there's a precedent.

Comment

Who's Stevesson fighting next? Kovalev will fight Nadjib Mohammedi #2 WBA , #1 IBF, #2 WBO

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  Who's Stevesson fighting next? Kovalev will fight Nadjib Mohammedi #2 WBA , #1 IBF, #2 WBO

The sheer stupidity in governing bodies' rankings: while WBC isn't ranking their "diamond belt holder" at all, the other three are not ranking Adonis...
                  ... The Ring only is rating Kovalev at #1...

Comment

What our friend here 285Kid managed to delete from the picture was exactly the column with the fightnews rankings...

Comment

I have to get a better understanding of what's going on with this thing. I find it very difficult to believe Kovalev doesn't wanna fight Stevenson.

Comment

Working...
                      X