No announcement yet.

Sign here if you are a fan and like Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    Bashing a guy you can't possibly ever get in the ring with is real great.

A lot of people don't understand that Froch genuinely went in the harm's way to get his respect. It is quite surreal if you look back at it. That Taylor fight was something else.

For me the thing that annoys me are the Khan bashing cuz he can never fight him along with not shutting up about Calzaghe because Joe didn't had to fight him and especially now with Degale it is looking silly on him. I don't think he is ducking James, but it is the same as him calling out Joe even after he retired.
    I get the Khan fans having some issues with his comments. There are quite a few though who struggle to separate his career from comments made outside the ring which is just silly.

I don't get the DeGale thing. To me George Groves was his Calzaghe-Froch situation: a British rival currently only at European level (beating DeGale in the process) that he didn't feel was a deserving opponent or even a big fight, but he fought and beat him (twice) anyway. I don't see why he should have to do it again when he's looking at one final fight before retirement.

Comment

Froch fan. I don't care if he talks himself up and hates George Groves. Not sure why some get their knickers in a twist about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Bashing a guy you can't possibly ever get in the ring with is real great.
        So a boxer isn't allowed to have an opinion on another boxer unless they are in the same weight class?

Comment

"a good old dust up on the cobbles"

"cobra cash"

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            So a boxer isn't allowed to have an opinion on another boxer unless they are in the same weight class?
            You know well it has more to do than just having an opinion. I didn't mind at first because I understood Froch had to struggle to get his props, while Khan being an Olympic medalist had been afforded opportunities, but as of late it looks petty on Froch.
            Last edited by Box-Office; 04-15-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

CARL FROCH IS A STRAIGHT UP GENERAL. A true boxing fan should have respect for Carl froch regardless of if they personally like him.

Comment

Working...
              X