Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Golden Boy Promotions Be Completely Dead...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
    I agree with you that GBP would be in deep S*it without Canelo. I disagree with your other comment that Haymon and Shaffer screwed ODLH over.

ODLH did it to himself by letting Arum get in his head and manipulate him and the situation. If ODLH would have went along with what Haymon and Shaffer was doing, GBP would be the promoter on all of these PBC fights instead of any other promoter. They would have been the vessel to deliver Haymons agenda.
    By not signing the fighters to a promotional deal, GBP would have made money by promoting the fight without investing financially in the fighter. Haymon has the fighter signed and would have been using GBP exclusively so GBP would have been getting paid fee for service with no risk.

Why invest financially in a fighter when you are working exclusively with the fighters manager. As long as the fighter is with the manager you would always promote his or her fights. And dealing with Haymon , who has the majority of the top fighters in the sport under contract, with very few of these fighters ever wanting to sever ties with Haymon, your promotional company is being associated with the best fighters in the business and its being viewed as the dominate and best promotional outfit in the sport.

Every time someone thought about boxing they would think about GBP just like most folks in the states in vision Budweiser when someone says beer.

They way Haymon's plan appears to be, the need for GBP to sign a fighter would really just be a power trip because the key to success right now would be to steer the fighter to Haymon. In turn Haymon is going to hire you to promote all of his fights.

Just my take on the situation.
    Say what now? You think it's pure coincidence that GBP was promoting all these guys and they werent even signed to GBP? Schaefer and Haymon were gonna screw DLH over eventually and regardless. I think it was better for DLH to realize what was going on sooner rather than later. But just like you, this is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Oscar had not done **** in years when he came in and started trying to take control back. The CEO is empowered to run the company as they see fit and they were quite successful under Schaeffer's guidance. It is not Schaeffer's fault that Oscar wanted to cut off his nose to spite his face, to get back control.

GBP could have just been fine and played ball with Haymon because he needed a promoter. GBP was the top dog when this all started.

So to me it looks like Oscar ****ed up and misplayed his hand. There are consequences to that, he could have played nice it didn't have to go that way~
      And go against his own belief? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        those prospects need to become belt holders
        That's true, although it'll take a while to see how well some of the prospects pan out.

There are some of the more veteran GBP fighters that are starting to emerge.

Randy Caballero recently won the vacant IBF bantam strap last year.

Francisco Vargas is #1 contender WBC/WBO and IBF top 5.

Sadam Ali is ranked WBO #4, WBA #8, IBF #9.

Some guys like Frankie Gomez and Patrick Texeira are just inside the top ten in some rankings, and some prospects like Joseph Diaz and Vyacheslav Shabranskyy can be moved more quickly.
        Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 04-07-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

relax, canelo will be making the big bucks for oscar for at least one more decade, and if you consider that guys like manny, cotto and floyd are on his way out, guess who is going to take the ppv market? that will give oscar plenty of time to develop talent...

Comment

...if they didn't have Canelo?

seems like a promotional outfit that only has one marketable fighter...unless i'm missing something? not sure who is still on their roster

is it safe to say that PBC has replaced them and the two major companies are Top Rank and Haymon's outfit?

it's pretty interesting how Top Rank outlasted Kingvision, GBP...will they outlast Haymon?

feel free to discuss...or post pics of *******
            PBC is the top promotional brand in boxing. They have pretty much taken over.

Lucy Pinder has some nice ****.

Comment

The landscape of boxing has changed. I didn't realize how many fighters GPB has lost, such as Khan and Broner. It will be interesting to see what transpires with GBP moving forward. Haymon is a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

GBP better hope canelo becomes a star

Comment

seems like a lot of work to get back to where they were...man...Schaeffer and Haymon crippled that company
                  They weren't making any money anyway.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Now with no Schafer or Haymon alliance, Oscar and GBP is going to die a slow death much like don King promotions did...
                  Golden Boy is a strong brand, first port of call for up and coming Mexican fighters.

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  becomes? he's a PPV guy already.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                    He's a bigger star than any fighter involved in the PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      They weren't making any money anyway.

Golden Boy is a strong brand, first port of call for up and coming Mexican fighters.

becomes? he's a PPV guy already.

That's a good point, if they can corner the mexican/LA corner, that will be key to their survival..
                      I just have no faith in Oscar as the guy actually running the show,, he needs to find another Schafer to run the business side..

Comment

Working...
                      X