Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Golden Boy Promotions Be Completely Dead...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    GBP better hope canelo becomes a star
    Canelo is not the same since Floyd laid gloves on him.

Comment

Luckily Canelo is one of a handful of real stars.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        Canelo is not the same since Floyd laid gloves on him.
        His hype has diminished abit but he did get a career best win over Lara after the floyd fiasco

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          His hype has diminished abit but he did get a career best win over Lara after the floyd fiasco
          I would say the hype's died down dramatically. He needs to start knocking people out to re-start the hype machine.

Comment

I would say the hype's died down dramatically. He needs to start knocking people out to re-start the hype machine.
            I would say it's a combination of everything.

From losing to Floyd, to getting possible gift decisions over Lara and Trout.
            A mix of everything, but his hype definitely took a huge blow after the lost to Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
              I would say it's a combination of everything.

From losing to Floyd, to getting possible gift decisions over Lara and Trout.
              A mix of everything, but his hype definitely took a huge blow after the lost to Mayweather.
              Absolutely. If he would have dominated Lara in spectacular fashion we would still be hearing Oscar shouting his name from the roof tops right now.

Comment

I agree, he needs some knockouts to gain some hype.. Remember the baldomir ko really put him on the map.. Unfortunately for canelo, I don't think he is a very big puncher especially once he moves to middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  They probably would short term, but they'd work their way back up cos of the brand name.

I'm sure they've got some good up and coming fighters on in their stable we don't know about
                  At the rate Haymon is scooping up these up and comers and with the way things are looking if you had an opportunity to go with Haymon you probably would ... So I doubt GBP has a whole lot in terms of young talent. But there's always a diamond in the rough that goes undiscovered maybe they've got a guy like that...
                  If you here how Terence Crawford got signed its pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Say what now? You think it's pure coincidence that GBP was promoting all these guys and they werent even signed to GBP? Schaefer and Haymon were gonna screw DLH over eventually and regardless. I think it was better for DLH to realize what was going on sooner rather than later. But just like you, this is just my opinion.
                    I'm sure they gave ODLH a shot GBP has the infrastructure and ODLH is a very popular guy his name is still marketable. I think his addiction and his lack of control is what made them make sure they had an escape plan just in case the **** hit the fan.

Comment

put this guy against pedicab drivers and he would still outsell almost anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X