No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Venture ship has started to sink

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    That could change though... Boxing for all its flaws is ideal and perfectly suited for reality TV...

I always thought they should do a show and each week pick a different fighter to highlight.. Floyd,then donaire, then wilder, then fury, etc.. Wwe has had huge success with the total divas show and brought more casual fans
    Donaire and Fury aren't PBC boxers, as far as I know.

Total divas - while perhaps an appropriate name for some of Haymon's boxers - probably relies heavily on the 'males watching females' dynamic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      They should branch out and start a boxing wives show on HBO. OR maybe the Ho's of Mayweather's favourite strip clubs!!!

Maybe a Sunday morning evangelist show starring Manny's mother!

Yahoo! Bring on the WWE idea men!!!
      Or maybe do a show like 24/7 but make it weekly and go to different camps and fighters... They could have an episode this week following how Maidana is spending his free time after cashing out big vs floyd last year.. Next week follow khan/Brook saga, then after that wlad...
      You do realize 24/7 was instrumental in making floyd a superstar.. Good business sense would tell you to use that same platform but try and highlight as many possible fighter to increase awareness in the sport on a weekly basis..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        Donaire and Fury aren't PBC boxers, as far as I know.

Total divas - while perhaps an appropriate name for some of Haymon's boxers - probably relies heavily on the 'males watching females' dynamic.
        I was just using them as examples, as I have had that idea for awhile and always thought hbo should do a weekly thing like that..

Your wrong about total divas... My girlfriend knows zero about any sport,, I mean zero, not rules, not players, etc..
        Total divas started,she became hooked and know will watch some raw and wrestlemania just because she knows them for the reality tv.. And several girls that work for me are also into total divas... It's one of E!'s highest rated shows.. Wwe is reaching another type of demographic that there regular wrestling show could never reach...
        People get connected to characters in reality TV, and then will follow them to whatever other ventures they do..

Boxing is fascinating behind the scenes,mand is perfectly suited for reality tv

Comment

• If PBC could learn something from WWE it would be how to liven up their production. Get some glitz going. Some action. Some wild crowds. So far watching PBC shows is as exciting as watching an Amish wake. Maybe Haymon could bring in a midget division or if you really want to get the reality show fans into it, a transsexual division or beauty queen division. How about a Bachelor variation where they have a tournament and the winner gets to pick from a selection of hot women? Or maybe female and male tourneys where the winners get to go off together to a desert island to see how long they can survive in the nude!

Or a show where all the Haymon champions travel around the world fighting local champions to finally decide a final world champion!

The possibilities are endless!

Comment

If PBC could learn something from WWE it would be how to liven up their production. Get some glitz going. Some action. Some wild crowds. So far watching PBC shows is as exciting as watching an Amish wake. Maybe Haymon could bring in a midget division or if you really want to get the reality show fans into it, a transsexual division or beauty queen division. How about a Bachelor variation where they have a tournament and the winner gets to pick from a selection of hot women? Or maybe female and male tourneys where the winners get to go off together to a desert island to see how long they can survive in the nude!

Or a show where all the Haymon champions travel around the world fighting local champions to finally decide a final world champion!

The possibilities are endless!
            I agree that it needs some more spectacle about it... Needs personality and some cool intros, etc...

Comment

• Oh yeah... the most important thing for PBC to become as popular as WWE...

The fighters have to fight on a weekly basis, if not twice a week or more. WWE wrestlers are on the road and fighting about 250 nights a year. That is how they achieve their popularity with fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I was just using them as examples, as I have had that idea for awhile and always thought hbo should do a weekly thing like that..

Your wrong about total divas... My girlfriend knows zero about any sport,, I mean zero, not rules, not players, etc..
                Total divas started,she became hooked and know will watch some raw and wrestlemania just because she knows them for the reality tv.. And several girls that work for me are also into total divas... It's one of E!'s highest rated shows.. Wwe is reaching another type of demographic that there regular wrestling show could never reach...
                People get connected to characters in reality TV, and then will follow them to whatever other ventures they do..

Boxing is fascinating behind the scenes,mand is perfectly suited for reality tv
                So it's mostly a female audience watching Total Divas?

I've never watched a second of the show and know nothing about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                  So it's mostly a female audience watching Total Divas?

I've never watched a second of the show and know nothing about it.
                  I haven't watched wrestling since the WWF became the WWE. The last wrestling show I attended live was when Bret Hart got shafted by McMahon and Shawn Michaels here in Montreal, the infamous Montreal Screwjob.

Comment

• The Op sounds like he could be in charge of Time Warner's sports programming package or at least the vice president of its World Championship boxing series on HBO because he sounds more like a personal and bitter rival or competitor of Al Haymon's than just your typical boxing fan.

Comment

Oh yeah... the most important thing for PBC to become as popular as WWE...

The fighters have to fight on a weekly basis, if not twice a week or more. WWE wrestlers are on the road and fighting about 250 nights a year. That is how they achieve their popularity with fans.
                      God your stupid..
                      Boxers should fight a more active schedule just like the ufc..3-5 times a years, 3 fights in 24 months for boxers just isn't going to grow an audience..

And boxing would kill to get the ratings and ticket sales plus a streaming network with over 1'million that wwe has...

Boxing promoters are small time compared to the public traded company large cap stock company that is wwe... All the boxing promoters combined total have the net worth of wwe...

Comment

Working...
                      X