No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Venture ship has started to sink

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LesMoonves BOSS View Post
    Arum has 3 of the last 4 fights of the year. You don't get those kind of fights without putting your fighters up against tough fighters.
    Is that mutually exclusive from what I said?

No, because he can put on a barn burner with guys he doesn't give much of a **** about. One will come out on top and be in a better spot~ and then he can fool the public into thinking that guy is still worth a damn. Be just a fraction as skeptical of Arum as you are of Haymon and you will see the point.

It would be like Haymon matching Andre Berto tough, he doesn't give a **** about Berto but Berto is usually in exciting fights.
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 04-07-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• instead of gambling on pbc and getting a network deal and getting a buncha mediocre fights with a few good ones on a ton of channels, I would rather al haymon make every hbo and every showtime event into stacked cards.
      haymon has proven that he is a savvy businessman and has got a lot of connections. surely he can negotiate hbo/sho into putting up the money for very good fights while maximizing his boxers profits and cutting out promoters in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidandrei View Post
        instead of gambling on pbc and getting a network deal and getting a buncha mediocre fights with a few good ones on a ton of channels, I would rather al haymon make every hbo and every showtime event into stacked cards.
        haymon has proven that he is a savvy businessman and has got a lot of connections. surely he can negotiate hbo/sho into putting up the money for very good fights while maximizing his boxers profits and cutting out promoters in the process.
        You will never grow the sport to the casuals.. Being on premium network cuts your audience reach by tens of millions..
        There is a reason why every major sport mma, nfl, NBA, pga, nascar, etc is on network tv.. Boxing should be the same way if it ever wants to grow beyond the hardcore fans

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          You will never grow the sport to the casuals.. Being on premium network cuts your audience reach by tens of millions..
          There is a reason why every major sport mma, nfl, NBA, pga, nascar, etc is on network tv.. Boxing should be the same way if it ever wants to grow beyond the hardcore fans
          Premium MMA is still on PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
            Premium MMA is still on PPV.
            That's fine, and I don't expect boxing to abandon PPv...

Just look at wwe and ufc,,, they use free TV to build the casual audience and get them to buy the PPv caliber fight.. WWe excels at this, ufc still struggles at it..

Use TV to promote young fighters into stars and then cash out on PPv.. It's exactly what wwe and ufc do.... PBC needs to do the same

Comment

Just look at wwe and ufc,,, they use free TV to build the casual audience and get them to buy the PPv caliber fight.. WWe excels at this, ufc still struggles at it..

Use TV to promote young fighters into stars and then cash out on PPv.. It's exactly what wwe and ufc do.... PBC needs to do the same
              If the plan is to move the fighters to PPV, then that would suggest they will keep some of their best fights off of network TV.

That would certainly be something a network might be wary of, considering that unlike the UFC (which has a catalog of fights stretching back two decades, as well as their Ultimate Fighter tv show) the PBC pretty much just has live fights (and their preview show Corner to Corner) to offer to a network at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                If the plan is to move the fighters to PPV, then that would suggest they will keep some of their best fights off of network TV.

That would certainly be something a network might be wary of, considering that unlike the UFC (which has a catalog of fights stretching back two decades, as well as their Ultimate Fighter tv show) the PBC pretty much just has live fights (and their preview show Corner to Corner) to offer to a network at the moment.
                That could change though... Boxing for all its flaws is ideal and perfectly suited for reality TV...

I always thought they should do a show and each week pick a different fighter to highlight.. Floyd,then donaire, then wilder, then fury, etc.. Wwe has had huge success with the total divas show and brought more casual fans

Comment

Please stop with the WWE comparisons. It is all glitz and glamour and no substance. PBC is NO glitz and glamour and no substance either. The only way PBC can compete is if they get a Spanish announce table and have boxers knocked out of the ring through the table at least once per show. Or get some flamboyant managers to promote the fighters, or some feather boas and fighters in drag, and hillbillies, oh yeah! Definitely needs some inbred hillbilly family to take part. Maybe he can get the Duck Dynasty clan, they seem to be up for just about anything. Maybe Haymon can bring back Brother Love! OR something perfectly suited to Haymon... a SNAKE!

I would also suggest pre-scripted fights but I think Haymon already has that down pat.

Comment

That could change though... Boxing for all its flaws is ideal and perfectly suited for reality TV...

I always thought they should do a show and each week pick a different fighter to highlight.. Floyd,then donaire, then wilder, then fury, etc.. Wwe has had huge success with the total divas show and brought more casual fans
                    They should branch out and start a boxing wives show on HBO. OR maybe the Ho's of Mayweather's favourite strip clubs!!!

Maybe a Sunday morning evangelist show starring Manny's mother!

Yahoo! Bring on the WWE idea men!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      Please stop with the WWE comparisons. It is all glitz and glamour and no substance. PBC is NO glitz and glamour and no substance either. The only way PBC can compete is if they get a Spanish announce table and have boxers knocked out of the ring through the table at least once per show. Or get some flamboyant managers to promote the fighters, or some feather boas and fighters in drag, and hillbillies, oh yeah! Definitely needs some inbred hillbilly family to take part. Maybe he can get the Duck Dynasty clan, they seem to be up for just about anything. Maybe Haymon can bring back Brother Love! OR something perfectly suited to Haymon... a SNAKE!

I would also suggest pre-scripted fights but I think Haymon already has that down pat.
                      You don't understand business concepts,, the same things wwe does can be applied to any other business especially one in the combat sports industry..

Lmao,,, your literal take on boxing becoming like wrestling with feather boas just shows you really don't understand the business concepts being discussed..
                      Marketing, brand awareness, brand growth, synergy, free TV and PPv, wwe are masters at... You have to be an idiot to think wwe doesn't know how to promote and make money using single athletes

You do realize that wwe is a company worth 500+ million, all the boxing promoters combined arent worth that much...

Comment

Working...
                      X