Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Cotto is Not a Man, He Swore on His Father!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    And Canelo's is Cotto's... Look at all the Canelo fans getting chesty because Canelo needs Cotto to make money and Cotto just got 5 million to sign a piece of paper lol. We all know it's Cotto's biggest fight, it's Canelo's too what's your point?
    canelo can actually fight pac, floyd, cotto, ggg, maybe even drain chavez jr fat ass... even if he doesnt get any of those fights he is still young and can actually afford to pass on cotto...
    so my point is cotto is out of big options now while getting near the end of his career... that means less leverage ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      K-9 and Kirkland are roughly equals.

I would say that situation is at no worse a push for Cotto, he lost out on Floyd option which was his leverage I guess but kind of out of his control if that happens or not.

Then it really comes down to who is getting paid more for the bum of the month club (1/2 year club?), but Canelo is younger and he can languish for a long time at Canelo weight.
      I was just about to post the same thing with regards to Bundrage and Kirkland. They can't claim Cotto is possibly fighting a worse opponent than Canelo is. Kirkland has been out of the ring for almost two years and was reported to start camp at his heaviest to date. However, he is working with Memo, and is rumored to be getting into incredible shape with his help. This may be an upset in the making here. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        haymon is NOT a promoter. so u're saying top rank had no part in that? cotto promoted himself his whole career? who do u think put cotto up on game? dont bite the hands that feed u.
        Manny should copy Oscar and Floyd and Cotto, all are making more money now that they left.

I don't even know what you're saying... Yes, Top Rank built the Cotto name, they don't own it. Are you mad or something?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          yea..his options just got more limited...now when they revisit a Canelo fight, he wont have as much leverage...not really sure if this was the best move for Cotto
          Originally posted by icha View Post
          canelo can actually fight pac, floyd, cotto, ggg, maybe even drain chavez jr fat ass... even if he doesnt get any of those fights he is still young and can actually afford to pass on cotto...
          so my point is cotto is out of big options now while getting near the end of his career... that means less leverage ...
          Chavez jr is with al haymon,Floyd already beat dat ass,pac is too small. That leaves GGG and Cotto. The same options cotto has GGG and Canelo.

Comment

So Canelo who won't go down to 150 apparently has a chance at Manny. Even though everyone saw him lose every round to Floyd, you think he'll fight him? Canelo said he won't even move up to 160... So that means he'll fight GGG?

I guess that's why instead of fighting Pac, Floyd, GGG or even Chavez he went with Kirkland?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
              haymon is NOT a promoter. so u're saying top rank had no part in that? cotto promoted himself his whole career? who do u think put cotto up on game? dont bite the hands that feed u.
              Top rank has promoted MANY fighters... whats your point exactly?

Comment

I'm not getting catty, you said Cotto will end up fighting for peanuts and he has no fight set. Canelo is fighting a NOBODY for the 3rd fight in a row and you're going to talk about Cotto making peanuts. I'm just showing you the scenario you pointed out is the one Canelo is in right now and Cotto just got $5 million for not fighting. Yeah, I'm not being catty I'm just telling you the situation.

K-9 is as good/bad a fight as Kirkland is for Canelo. At least K-9 has a title FFS... Going places now... maybe not, but Canelo is in the same lane directly behind Cotto and he won't pass him until he fights him. Cotto has not lost any leverage because he changed promoters, I never said he gained any though either.

well, he's at the tail end of his career and with enemies at Top Rank and Haymon's stable, the only point i was making is that he doesn't have as many options as before

and when you dont have options and you're at the tail end of you career, when you go to a young cash cow like Canelo, who can afford to pass you up and milk his own, the leverage isn't as great

Cotto lost a Floyd fight...he can't fight Manny...he wont fight GGG...its limited for him

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                  Chavez jr is with al haymon,Floyd already beat dat ass,pac is too small. That leaves GGG and Cotto. The same options cotto has GGG and Canelo.
                  Canelo is the almighty, he can fight Vlad and make more money than he would with Cotto. Canelo fans are reaching new points of delusion lol.

Comment

Yeah, so why not leave them for more money?
                    When did I say Cotto shouldn't take Roc Nation's money?

Comment

pacquiao??? canelo is willing to go down to near 150 lbs??? HAHAHAHAHAHHA we all know his fight weight is 155-156. So you are saying that cotto can't "pass on canelo"? That will affect his legacy or career somehow?

Comment

Working...
                      X