Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Cotto is Not a Man, He Swore on His Father!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    You mean like Canelo just did passing up facing Cotto? Try again.

dont get catty...i have no biases for either fighter

Canelo secured a fight that's already sold good tickets and has generated interest

what does Cotto have now? a possible K-9 fight? yay...going places now!

Comment

I fail to see how he lost any leverage... He got a new promoter, he didn't lose a fight.
      seems like now canelo is cottos only big fight left...

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

Canelo secured a fight that's already sold good tickets and has generated interest

K-9 and Kirkland are roughly equals.

I would say that situation is at no worse a push for Cotto, he lost out on Floyd option which was his leverage I guess but kind of out of his control if that happens or not.

Then it really comes down to who is getting paid more for the bum of the month club (1/2 year club?), but Canelo is younger and he can languish for a long time at Canelo weight.

Comment

I'm not getting catty, you said Cotto will end up fighting for peanuts and he has no fight set. Canelo is fighting a NOBODY for the 3rd fight in a row and you're going to talk about Cotto making peanuts. I'm just showing you the scenario you pointed out is the one Canelo is in right now and Cotto just got $5 million for not fighting. Yeah, I'm not being catty I'm just telling you the situation.

K-9 is as good/bad a fight as Kirkland is for Canelo. At least K-9 has a title FFS... Going places now... maybe not, but Canelo is in the same lane directly behind Cotto and he won't pass him until he fights him. Cotto has not lost any leverage because he changed promoters, I never said he gained any though either.

Comment

Well Cotto better plan on fighting GGG at some point this year or early next year. Whats right is right. GGG is the top contender for the lineal belt. Regardless if Cotto beat a semi retired paraplegic for it

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              seems like now canelo is cottos only big fight left...
              And Canelo's is Cotto's... Look at all the Canelo fans getting chesty because Canelo needs Cotto to make money and Cotto just got 5 million to sign a piece of paper lol. We all know it's Cotto's biggest fight, it's Canelo's too what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                his promoter is nowhere near the status of arum.
                And your point is? Neither is Haymon or Golden Boy, that has nothing to do with it. Cotto's name is what sells seats not Top Rank.

Comment

he has less options...that's how you lose leverage...he can give his demands to Canelo and Canelo can now say 'ok, i dont think so, go fight whatever bum Jay-Z puts in front of you for less than half of what you would make with me'
                  not necessarily... cotto can fight K9 for the IBF title at 154 lbs and he'll have something that canelo doesn't still have... a title.(trinket of course lol).

Comment

And your point is? Neither is Haymon or Golden Boy, that has nothing to do with it. Cotto's name is what sells seats not Top Rank.
                    haymon is NOT a promoter. so u're saying top rank had no part in that? cotto promoted himself his whole career? who do u think put cotto up on game? dont bite the hands that feed u.

Comment

Man I hate arum. If Cotto wanted to be with you "forever" he would've re signed with TR, not fight on a fight to fight basis. Arum has a history of twisting the truth. I believe cotto when he said arum and TR made promises and never delivered. Can't wait forever. I'm sure he rcvd a great deal from roc nation and they'll also help build cotto's promotional company

Comment

Working...
                      X