No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs. Murray Channel 5 (UK) Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    he was never as heavily promoted as DeGale the golden boy or Groves and the likes. Plus there was little advertising on the channel for it, unless you're a boxing fan like us, how would people know what to watch?
    I think there was enough advertising for Golovkin-Murray for it to draw better than the likes of DeGale-Mohoumadi or Kid Galahad-Jazza Dickens.

Comment

Degale is known for his gold medal stupid comparing the two really.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
        Degale is known for his gold medal stupid comparing the two really.
        Ok....so what would you compare it to, stupid? DeGale was also fighting complete nobodies not the middleweight champion.

DeGale, Fury and Galahad have been the only other fighters who have been on Channel 5 in recent years.

Comment

I had no idea it was on Channel 5. ****ty marketing job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I think there was enough advertising for Golovkin-Murray for it to draw better than the likes of DeGale-Mohoumadi or Kid Galahad-Jazza Dickens.
            really? i honestly didnt see anything on channel 5, then again i dont really watch it.

so what r u tryin to say? GGG isn't a draw? bad timing?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
              I had no idea it was on Channel 5. ****ty marketing job.
              kinda proves my point lol

Comment

Moral of the story: UK boxing fans suck compared to German ones

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
                  Moral of the story: UK boxing fans suck compared to German ones
                  The German ones who sit on their hands during fights and mildly applause at the end of rounds?

Yeah...they're a hoot.

Comment

I knew it was going to flop. In the week leading up to the fight I said Channel 5 should hire me. I would have done a better job marketing the fight. Terrible numbers. An all access 24/7 type show couldn't have hurt, bill boards? Non existent. I saw 1 advert outside of Channel 5 and that was in a free paper (Evening standard) the day before the fight. Anyway Cotto or Quillen next for GGG at least he has gained a couple fans from the small exposure.

Comment

Those are crap numbers for free tv, but Channel 5 is a toilet and nobody watches it. Unless of course they want to see 'Benefits Britain: Life on the Dole' and other cultural delights.

Comment

Working...
                      X