No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs. Murray Channel 5 (UK) Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin vs. Murray Channel 5 (UK) Ratings

A lot of people have been asking about how well the Golovkin-Murray fight did on free to air UK Television.

Apparently it drew a rating of 0.74

http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/weekly-top-30

Not quite sure what to make of the number. Seems pretty disappointing and was 29th out of the the 30 highest rated shows on Channel 5 for the week. Channel 5 is not exactly known for its highly rated shows.

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora 1 was the highest rated fight ever on Channel 5 with 2.2 million viewers but that was two British heavyweights.

To put it into better context, Golovkin-Murray drew less than what the likes of James DeGale and Kid Galahad were drawing on Channel 5.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 03-02-2015, 03:04 PM.

Murray hadnt had his last fights screened on the channel had he ? If he could have generated some interest in a run up maybe figures would have been much better. If Murray can rebuild his career on the channel and grab another title shot I expect figures would be much better.

Comment

Thanks for the information Dirk. That was bit disappointing but it does make sense anyway. It just shows Golovkin isn't well known here and Murray's drawing power is, well... crap.

Maybe it could of done better on ITV? I think I read Frampton - Avalos did about over 2 million viewers.

Comment

740k?
        LOL, did less than stateside and Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          740k?
          LOL, did less than stateside and Germany
          What did Germany do?

Comment

ward is the a side, we can't deny it anymore.

Comment

Golovkin is a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                Murray hadnt had his last fights screened on the channel had he ? If he could have generated some interest in a run up maybe figures would have been much better. If Murray can rebuild his career on the channel and grab another title shot I expect figures would be much better.
                Boxrec says the Domenico Spada fight also aired on Channel 5. The problem probably was that they did see it, and thought Murray was ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  ward is the a side, we can't deny it anymore.
                  750K in Britain is better than 0

Comment

Originally posted by Dickpunch View Post
                    750K in Britain is better than 0
                    i don't think so

Comment

Working...
                    X