Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our brit brothers dont like good boy mexican style =(

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      A lot of people have been asking about how well the Golovkin-Murray fight did on free to air UK Television.

Apparently it drew a rating of 0.74

http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/weekly-top-30

Not quite sure what to make of the number. Seems pretty disappointing and was 29th out of the the 30 highest rated shows on Channel 5 for the week. Channel 5 is not exactly known for its highly rated shows.

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora 1 was the highest rated fight ever on Channel 5 with 2.2 million viewers but that was two British heavyweights.

To put it into better context, Golovkin-Murray drew less than what the likes of James DeGale and Kid Galahad were drawing on Channel 5.
      It had NO advertisement. I'm a hardcore Boxing fan and I just about found out like a day before. I was speaking to my friends who're Boxing fans (they watch it here and there, depends on whos fighting) and they had no idea that he was fighting on Channel 5 and they would have definitely have watched it. It was also on quite late, if it was on about 2-3 hours earlier it would have done WAY more. Channel 5 is also a pretty **** channel too lol, no one really watches it compared with BBC, ITV, Channel4.

Comment

Working...
      X