Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward-Froch Rematch Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch doesn't need that strap, it's not even a real world title, he already vacated the real one. Froch will be like see ya later WBA.

Comment

froch wants no parts of this, he'll retire before jumping in a ring with ward again to get decimated.

with all the rust in the world, ward still wins 12-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I expect Froch to duck out of his second fight in a row. The IBF ordered the DeGale fight and he vacated his IBF belt. Now the WBA has ordered the Ward fight and I expect that he'll vacate his WBA (Regular) belt.

This is pretty funny in reality because Carl Froch (along with most of the other cowards hovering around the MW divisions) continue to bring up how Ward is boring, not a draw, and doesn't bring any money to the table. So I guess Hearn won't be able to offer too much money during purse bids then, huh.

And we all know Roc Nation won the Quillin-Korobov purse bid for almost $2M. I wonder how much they'd bid for Ward-Froch 2 with an eye on Barclay's Center in Brooklyn.
        Depends on how much money they're willing to lose. They were going to take a loss on the Quillin fight, but it was for marketing purposes. Froch/Ward won't support ppv and HBO's doesn't pay more than $3-$4mill for a non-ppv fight. With Ward's old guarantee at $2mill and Froch guaranteed atleast 40% of the purse, it would almost be feasible, except neither guy is going to fight one another for just a couple mill a piece.

Ward drew 4,158 vs La Bomba, and his best fight was with Dawson at 7,600 (8,900 with comps) and that was at his peak popularity almost 3 years ago. Ward's not a money maker. Any big moves RN make with him in the near future will be at a loss. I think RN would need Hearn to make a big offer or they would be the ones to pass on the fight and Ward release the title.

Comment

yeah that'll happen

Comment

Is this fight in Oakland or Europe ?

Comment

Well this came out of nowhere. It's a race to who vacates first.

Froch should fake he wants the fight and get an easy super champion upgrade because Ward won't fight.

Comment

This is going to be the year of belts being vacated it seems.

Comment

Make It Happen! Ward coming off of a Long Layoff which means he is vulnerable right? OK well advantage to Froch, he could be catching Ward at the right time....

Comment

Not going to happen. Froch's WBA belt doesn't mean anything anyway so he'll probably just drop it.

Comment

In other news the WBA has ordered Rigondeaux and Quigg to start negotiations....

lol "peeleft:

Comment

Working...
                      X