Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward-Froch Rematch Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope it goes to purse bid, perhaps that's the only way to get Ward out of Oakland for a fight these days.

Comment

Eddie Hearn will not want Froch near Ward and what a shame. Froch for his part said that if he were to fight Ward again he would probably lose again on points unless he could knock him out.Doesn't really sound like Carl wants the embarrassment of losing by such a huge margin again...Can't see this fight happening .

Comment

froch gives up 2 belts in one year...if he does that i take all backing and respect that i had from him away...he aint that much of a living legend..he should want revenge

Comment

Ward is his only unavenged loss, he should want to at least try and correct that before retiring.. Vegas would surely go for this fight? Fulfilling froch's retiring wish...

Comment

Ward beat him with one hand, and Froch knows that he needs ko to win and probably wont get it. He knows Ward is just a better boxer than him, and has admitted as much, lol. Froch didnt mean he wanted Ward for Vegas he wants a punching bag to make him look good (chavez) which says alot about Froch. This is the ultimate in ducking, Ward and GGG scares Froch. Who else?

Comment

You'd think if there is a time for Froch to beat Ward it's probably now. Ward's only fought twice in over 3 years since fighting Froch, where as Froch has had a string of big fights an big wins.

Comment

This doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCleaner View Post
                  Ward is his only unavenged loss, he should want to at least try and correct that before retiring.. Vegas would surely go for this fight? Fulfilling froch's retiring wish...
                  Not likely. Ward only drew 4,000 in his last fight, and Ward/Froch I only drew 5,600. It's hard to say if Froch's fans would travel in mass for a fight with Ward, I'm doubting they would.

With all his tune-up talk, it's doubtful Ward would even accept this fight 4 months from now anyways.

Comment

froch will never fight ward again, they can make all the excuses in the world but the bottom line is its very obvious both carl and hearn want no part of ward. at least they are being somewhat honest about it though, not talking **** publicly like kesser while refusing to fight.

Comment

I expect Froch to duck out of his second fight in a row. The IBF ordered the DeGale fight and he vacated his IBF belt. Now the WBA has ordered the Ward fight and I expect that he'll vacate his WBA (Regular) belt.

This is pretty funny in reality because Carl Froch (along with most of the other cowards hovering around the MW divisions) continue to bring up how Ward is boring, not a draw, and doesn't bring any money to the table. So I guess Hearn won't be able to offer too much money during purse bids then, huh.

And we all know Roc Nation won the Quillin-Korobov purse bid for almost $2M. I wonder how much they'd bid for Ward-Froch 2 with an eye on Barclay's Center in Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                      X