No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward-Froch Rematch Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward-Froch Rematch Ordered By WBA

The WBA have set the ball rolling on a possible rematch between Carl Froch, 37, and 31-year-old Andre Ward by mandating a fight between the two fighters. The organisation's Championships Committee has told the two parties that they have 30 days to reach an agreement for a fight, which must take place within 120 days, or they will send the contest out to purse bids. [Click Here To Read More]

.......... What?

Comment

.......... What?

Comment

How did they come out of nowhere with this?

Comment

WBA have no clue about the current boxing landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            How did they come out of nowhere with this?
            Been a while since the super champ fought or the super/regular even fought.

I assume this is coming out of nowhere because Sturm is fighting the interim champ Chudinov in May and they want it to be for a full title

Comment

Wow, I don't remember the last time Pablo forced a super champ to fight one of his regular champs. Andre's going on 2 years w/o defending his belt, he oughta be stripped.

That said, Hearn could win a purse bid for less than $4mill and Ward would balk and drop the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Wow, I don't remember the last time Pablo forced a super champ to fight one of his regular champs. Andre's going on 2 years w/o defending his belt, he oughta be stripped.

That said, Hearn could win a purse bid for less than $4mill and Ward would balk and drop the belt.
                I don't remember the last time one was ordered and it went through.

V12 got ordered to face Walters.

Bob said Stahp, they said kk

then DOnaire won and he fought Walters on his own

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                  WBA have no clue about the current boxing landscape.
                  neither does some fans also

Comment

It's about time! Froch has been a WBA belt holder since May 2012.

WBA need to order more Regular v Super champ mandatories. Rigo v Quigg next please!

Comment

Working...
                    X