Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Kovalev deserve more hype than the Triple Duck...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    me
    tear down this wall.

Comment

• BOTH of those guys are often overrated. GGG and Kovalev. The competition just isn't that great.

The only fighter between 160 and 175 who might really be great is Ward. He seems to have a fairly complete game and uses smarts -- doesn't put his face out there for punishment.

The Kovalev win over Hopkins was pleasant, but the guy is 50.

I liken GGG and Kovalev to a guy like Marciano who definitely had skills of a kind and tons of power and desire, but who never faced a great fighter in his prime, who was never faced down by superior skills in a young enough body.

That said, if GGG moves up after winning all the MW belts, he can do a lot to improve his skills and take on the one true outstanding competitor in Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        No...he isn't.

And who cares about what your qualifications are? No one. Ward is the lineal champion.
        He isn't the WBA champion, Froch is. Ward is a great fighter, he is not currently a lineal champion because he doesn't have a title, not even the fake ass ring title. Everywhere I look it says Froch... do some research.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          He isn't the WBA champion, Froch is. Ward is a great fighter, he is not currently a lineal champion because he doesn't have a title, not even the fake ass ring title. Everywhere I look it says Froch... do some research.
          Froch is the WBA Regular Champion. It's incredible that you take about "fake titles" and then consider Froch to be the WBA Champion

Once again, the lineal champion has nothing to do with any alphabet title. You clearly don't know what being lineal champion means.

Comment

Ward still is WBA "Super" World SM champion... Froch is WBA "regular"... At least that's what they say...

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              me
              tear down this wall.

If you are Ward, when are you going to fight again, and why are you calling out a smaller guy in GGG? If you're not Ward, stop pretending to be and STFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                Not at all. First and foremost, the politics of boxing wont allow a Stevenson/Ward contest -and we all know it - so how in the hell is Ward ducking? Last I checked, HBO and Al Haymon were filling their respective arsenals in order to carry on with the Cold War. Second, there are more lucrative fights to be made @ 168. So, if Ward can make more money @ 168 - how in the hell is that a duck?
                Here's a thought: Ward recently signed with Jay Z. Al Haymon has a huge stable of fighters and has beef with Jay Z. Of the top 10 SMWs, the Dirrell brothers and JCC,JR are with Haymon. Froch and Abraham hold belts. If Ward is able to win those belts (or even secure fights for them), will Haymon allow his fighters to face him? Worse still, if one or more of Haymon's fighters win those belts, will Ward ever get a shot?

http://******.craveonline.com/rating...r-middleweight

Comment

How can you be a lineal champ and not have a single title? He might be the best 168 announcer in the world, I won't argue that. But he's not even a ranked SMW... /endthread.
                  The lineal title IS a title, Genius. In fact, the lineal title is THE Title. It's the ONLY title that matters, Einstein...

Comment

Froch is the WBA champion. You need to be an active fighter to be a lineal champion, sorry that's one of my qualifications.
                    LOL.

YOUR "qualifications" mean **** all, Einstein.

Ward is THE Champion @ 168. Deal with it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Once again, the lineal champion has nothing to do with any alphabet title. You clearly don't know what being lineal champion means.
                      ^This.

Alphabet organizations DO NOT MAKE CHAMPIONS. They only make FAKE belts and charge outlandish fees for the privilege of holding them...

Comment

Working...
                      X