Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Kovalev deserve more hype than the Triple Duck...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    Ward/Triple Duck is a bigger fight than any fight Ward can make @ 175.
    If you the fight to do well, GGG needs to take care of business with Cotto, Canelo, and Chavez. Then the fight will be massive. If it happened immediately, From a business perspective, It would be a total flop.

Comment

Ward/Triple Duck is a bigger fight than any fight Ward can make @ 175.
      Golovkin/Cotto is a bigger fight than any Golovkin can make at 168

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        If you the fight to do well, GGG needs to take care of business with Cotto, Canelo, and Chavez. Then the fight will be massive. If it happened immediately, From a business perspective, It would be a total flop.
        I agree. IF the Triple Duck can manage to get Cotto or Canelo in the ring and beat one of them then a fight with Ward becomes a much bigger event.

But again, we have to face the reality of the politics of boxing.

IMO, Golovkin won't get a crack @ the lineal 160 title until the latter part of 2016 at the earliest. I suspect Floyd's September opponent is going to be Cotto @ 155lbs for the lineal MW title. If this fight happens, and I'm almost positive it will, then that leaves Alvarez without a fall dance partner. Enter GBP and Oscar de la Hoya. De la Hoya knows that Alvarez is his Golden Goose and only meal ticket - so GBP is going to protect Alvarez. No way in hell will they feed him to Golovkin unless the Triple Duck looks beatable in his next fight. Loeffler is looking for the next TOMATO CAN for Golovkin to feed on and I suspect that fighter will be a step DOWN from Murray. So, I fully expect that Golovkin's next fight wont go 6 rounds - and de la Hoya will see no reason to match Alvarez against him. That's how I see it...
        Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 02-26-2015, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Golovkin/Cotto is a bigger fight than any Golovkin can make at 168
          I agree but Cotto aint fighting Golovkin no time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Make up your mind, I thought triple duck is trash? Why is he a big fight? Take you're ******ed ass to bed.
            Lol triple bum sucks, but it's the best fight for Ward? This guy is a genius. Can't even get his crap straight.

Comment

I agree but Cotto aint fighting Golovkin no time soon.
              If he doesn't get Cotto he'll likely get Canelo which is an even bigger fight. Eventually Cotto will be stripped if he doesn't fight his mandatory in Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                GGG has 19 strait KOs and 10 of those KOs were over top 10 world rated middleweights and many of those KOs were over men who had never before been knocked out. Any fighter who does that is going to get lots of positive hype and they deserve every bit of it. In fact what GGG has done no other active fighter has come even close to accomplishing. Kovalev has a great record but it falls short of GGG's. Kovalev has been held to a draw and he has been knocked down a few times. GGG has never been down and there are no draws or split decisions on his record. Nothing but KOs or lopsided UDs.
                Just for the record the Kovalev 'Draw' vs Grover Young was due to an adjudged accidental foul in the 3rd - under CSAC rules this made it a D instead of the NC it wouldda been elsewhere.

Furthermore, whilst available footage doesn't show the actual punch that dropped Grover (obscured by ref), he was coming forward when Kovalev caught him, and can be seen reacting as he goes down by first raising a glove to the side of his head - then only as the ref comes over reaching up to the back of his head.

Kovalev remains adamant that the inexperience of the ref cheated him out of another KO win, and the available footage seems to support him.

The incident apparently led to a confrontation in the hotel lobby in which Sergei flat out accused Grover of cheating and Grover demanded a rematch - Kovalev offered to oblige him right then and there, but Grover declined.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  Lol triple bum sucks, but it's the best fight for Ward? This guy is a genius. Can't even get his crap straight.
                  Perhaps you should LEARN HOW TO READ.

I didn't say that The Triple Duck is the *best* fight for Ward, I said it would pay the most money. The best fight for Ward, IMO, would be for him to challenge Stevenson for supremacy @ 175.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    If he doesn't get Cotto he'll likely get Canelo which is an even bigger fight.
                    No. The politics of boxing will not allow a Canelo/Triple Duck contest. This fight will not happen in 2015 and probably not 2016 either.

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Eventually Cotto will be stripped if he doesn't fight his mandatory in Golovkin.
                    LOL.

If you think the WBC is gonna strip Cotto then you're even dumber than I thought. There is NO WAY IN HELL that the WBC would even entertain the thought of stripping Cotto as long as the possibility of a Mayweather fight exists. In fact, I've got $20 that says the Triple Duck doesn't even make any noise whatsoever about enforcing his "mandatory" in the next 12 months - as long as Cotto doesn't lose the title in that time to someone other than Floyd.

I can't believe you idiots think the WBC would strip their cash cows. LOL. Mayweather has held the WBA/WBC 147 AND 154 titles for how long now? When was the last time he made a mandatory? Exactly how many PPVs has ole Triple Duck sold? You idiots need to LEARN HOW TO READ then LEARN HOW TO ADD. LOL...

Comment

• Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                      We all know who Gennady is ducking... S.O.G

Ya'll can make all the "Who is Andre Ward" posts that you want. I won't even respond to such idiocy.

The GREATS make the best fights happen. If GGG wasn't always being talked about like he's the most feared fighter and the next great thing then SOG wouldn't be in the convo.

Fact is SOG has already agreed that he would consider fighting GGG if Team GGG wants it. Team GGG has turned the fight down multiple times now, yet wants to keep acting like GGG is this feared specimen.

Everyone criticizes Floyd for ducking but last time I checked Floyd has fought just about every threat in his weight class or near it. He didn't have to fight Cotto or Canelo above 147 and he did.

So I don't want to hear the BS about Ward being too big. Hell, even lil Pacman moved up the weight classes to fight the best.

GGG obviously can't get fights with the best in his weight class (Canelo, Cotto, Kid Chocolate) so why not take the better fight at 168? Floyd has done it, so has Pac. Even Broner rose up in weight looking to fight the best.

Team GGG has ZERO CONFIDENCE that they can take Ward. PERIOD!

If the best fighter at 168 was old man Hopkins, I'm sure GGG would already be campaigning at 168.

SOG is truly the most DUCKED champion fighting today. Even BHOPS said he wanted no part of Ward. He'd rather try his chances with Kovalev. LOL!

Team GGG knows SOG would end it all... it'd look like Mayweather vs. Hatton.
                      Ward isnt even boxing anymore, you complete imbecile and even if he was he is several crappy tuneups(another year and a half away at least) removed from that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X