No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Player Fired Over Insulting Pacquiao's Basketball Skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    2.5 Billion ... With a B pesos... Or abou 50 million US. He better get good at basketball quick...
    why is that man still out here??? lock him up already!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Manny pacquiao- The Philippino MLK
      Manny Luther King

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        They compared him to MLK. MLK didnt just changed lives for blacks, but all people of color. MLK didn't just gave blacks rights in America, but Asians, South Americans, as well all other people of color in America. Pac may have changed a few lives for people in his village.

You not doing MLK real justice espcially in this bigoted place called a boxing forum.

Right now in America white women benefit more from affirmative action then anybody else. So it was not just people of color.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          If anybody compared Floyd or Dominican basketball players to Martin Luther King it would be equally as ridiculous and heavily criticized.

You would all over that comparison too. And yes it is far fetched to equate a boxer to Martin Luther King playing basketball. If you can't understand why that speaks for itself.
          What part of I agree it's ludicrous do you not get? You want to talk about speaking for itself...perhaps stop reading shhh in attack mode son. There are mofo's around the world who think someone is a god on earth to them..it's ludicrous but it happens. Also thanks for the Red K pillow fluffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            It seems as if certain people envy Pac's stardom and admiration that he gets from his people while the current pfp U.S champ cant even walk down the street in his own home town of LV without getting disrespected and heckled by people here.

When Pacquiao fights the entire country of the Philippines comes to a stand still. Even the rebels stop fighting and call a truce out of respect for Pacquiao.

Here when Floyd fights, fans boo him even when he wins.
            no one envies the respect Pac gets from his people. Many are just laughing at the mind numbing stupidity it takes to compare him to Martin Luther King.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMNTForever View Post
              Yes. Doesn't matter if it was the truth or fiction.

My elderly neighbor was enamored with Barack Obama. She saw him as a savior. If I had stomped on what Obama represented to her and crushed her feelings, then yes. I would deserve the same thing happening to me.

The point I am making is that there are just certain things we should just keep to ourselves, or if we can't control our emotions and must express ourselves, then we should be very careful with our delivery of what we want to say.

Orton called Pacquiao a "joke". I believe he could have been more diplomatic with his choice of words and still got his message across without getting himself fired.
              No thanks ...Happy to be 'Mercian

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                no one envies the respect Pac gets from his people. Many are just laughing at the mind numbing stupidity it takes to compare him to Martin Luther King.
                To the people of the Philippines, Pac is their MLK. Who is anyone here to tell them differently? He has changed the lives of many living in such an impoverished nation.

Comment

• That is so stupid. Well, they did throw a hissy fit when Justin Bieber made fun of Pacquiao. Pacquiao is an overblown lightweight fighting at 147. He needs to gain weight to make 147.

Comment

• If Floyd is smart he would invite Orton to his posse, pay him so he can tag along during conferences and Orton keep bringing up this incident. Should be a great fight promotional circus!

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                      Lol it's ok for someone to whoop your ass if your opinion offends with them? You must never speak in public for fear of a beating...
                      No. It's not ok for someone to whoop my ass if my opinion offends them. It's just that we are all mature and wise enough to know that there are people out there who will resort to violence if you say certain things.

We all have spider sense and can usually identify these types of people. And unless you are actually looking for trouble or if you're interested in getting into a altercation, then by all means, go ahead and say what you will so that it can be decided and settled with violence.

I have zero interest in starting trouble with anybody and I live a pretty comfortable life in San Diego and no opinion of mine is worth expressing to disrupt my level of comfort.

Comment

Working...
                      X