No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by supremeboxer View Post
    mosley thought manny was on his A-game.unbelievable.
    He was on his A game. Mayweather still beat him. Period.

People hate calling a fly "a fly". It is what the hell it is. Mayweather's A game was superior to Manny's A game.

End of story. Roll credits.

Comment

• Saw the replay and was able to appreciate the technical display of both fighters much more.

Tough and frustrating fight for Pac. Not only was Mayweather moving way too much but that right hand was waiting for Pac every minute of every round. Pac did well to avoid the big counters for the most part but couldn't really get off. His best moments came from countering off of Mayweather's jab and right hand but Pac couldn't draw them out effectively enough to get any consistent work done. That, coupled with Mayweather always waiting with the right hand I think contributed largely to Pac's uncharacteristic inactivity.

Surprised the see the absence or ineffectiveness of some of the punches were used seeing from both. Mayweather's jab to the body was almost non existent and were far and few. Even his lead and check hook was a non factor for the most part. I thought Pac could have done a lot more with the left straight counter of the jab and the right hook was used sparingly (though there were a couple of nice counters catching Mayweather here and there).

All in all, it played out pretty much on how it looked on paper before the fight. Mayweather winning rounds from movement and right hand counters with Pacquiao having some spurts of success. I thought Mayweather was convincing enough but not utterly dominant. He won not because he beatdown Pacquiao but because he was able to negate Pacquiao's offence and effective agression. I think the 118-110 score was out to lunch, and I think 116-112 was more on point with a couple of swing rounds.

Could Pacquiao have done more? I have a feeling he wish he did (with that, at the risk of getting caught with clearer harder counters).

Comment

• I think there is a need for reflection on the part of some of the Pace fans and why they thought for a second Manny had anywhere near the skill to deal with Mayweather. Is it that they hated Mayweather so much it prevented them from seeing the obvious? Dunno, all I know is yesterday is going make em sore for awhile, or until they find another flunky to anoint as the next Mayweather killer....

Comment

• Originally posted by know1212risk View Post
          cliff notes *wink*

king hublot in this hoe!

Comment

• Does anything do better PPV numbers than May-Pac 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              A lot of people were trolling hard, MPX309 was serious when he made that thread.
              Ah give it a rest dude, the thread wasn't a statement, Genuine question, and I admitted in the thread it was a bad move. . . Don't see too many other people around here owning up to bad comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by m00ks View Post
                Saw the replay and was able to appreciate the technical display of both fighters much more.

Tough and frustrating fight for Pac. Not only was Mayweather moving way too much but that right hand was waiting for Pac every minute of every round. Pac did well to avoid the big counters for the most part but couldn't really get off. His best moments came from countering off of Mayweather's jab and right hand but Pac couldn't draw them out effectively enough to get any consistent work done. That, coupled with Mayweather always waiting with the right hand I think contributed largely to Pac's uncharacteristic inactivity.

Surprised the see the absence or ineffectiveness of some of the punches were used seeing from both. Mayweather's jab to the body was almost non existent and were far and few. Even his lead and check hook was a non factor for the most part. I thought Pac could have done a lot more with the left straight counter of the jab and the right hook was used sparingly (though there were a couple of nice counters catching Mayweather here and there).

All in all, it played out pretty much on how it looked on paper before the fight. Mayweather winning rounds from movement and right hand counters with Pacquiao having some spurts of success. I thought Mayweather was convincing enough but not utterly dominant. He won not because he beatdown Pacquiao but because he was able to negate Pacquiao's offence and effective agression. I think the 118-110 score was out to lunch, and I think 116-112 was more on point with a couple of swing rounds.

Could Pacquiao have done more? I have a feeling he wish he did (with that, at the risk of getting caught with clearer harder counters).
                Fair post.

PAC ball lickers...take note!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  The only way to slow Many down is to knock him out. Floyd will need to KO manny. HE WILL NOT OUT WORK MANNY!!!!

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Here we go!
                  Where you at pac-turd

Comment

• Hahahahha I'm loving the celebration. You should have seen my house last night. IT was POPPING OFF.

Someone photoshop Floyd's face on the Filipino flag. He is now the ruler of the Philippines.

Comment

• Did Pac really rehydrate to 152? Bad idea

Comment

Working...
                      X