No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    i had it 10-2 or 9-3. i'll score it again when it's repeated at 2pm. in some rounds mayweather didn't do much, but he still managed to do more than an utterly frustrated pacquiao. it was a supremely effective performance, but not the beautiful boxing that we used to see from the mayweather of old. he looked the same fighter to me as he did in the maidana rematch - a past-prime master who is still smart enough to win but not athletic enough to wow us any more. re. pacquiao, i don't take this performance as a sign that he has significantly physically deteriorated, just that he only looks great within a rather narrow range of circumstances; mayweather simply has his number and always has done.
    A fight is not always about rounds...There were rounds in this fight where rounds were close because of inactivity where neither fighter did much. Part of boxing is winning these rounds but, its also good to look beyond the scoring. I saw a fight where both guys had some success and where neither guy was outclassed. Five years ago or before? Floyd would have made pac look like an amateur, always said as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      A fight is not always about rounds...There were rounds in this fight where rounds were close because of inactivity where neither fighter did much. Part of boxing is winning these rounds but, its also good to look beyond the scoring. I saw a fight where both guys had some success and where neither guy was outclassed. Five years ago or before? Floyd would have made pac look like an amateur, always said as much.
      Im sorry man floyd outclassed manny and pacmans inability to adjust made it worse

Comment

i only recall two, maybe three moments of success for pacquiao. you can generally view a contest in two ways: as a boxing match and as a fight. for the former the goal is to win rounds, for the latter the goal is to inflict damage. mayweather wins the boxing match and completely avoids the fight and therein lies his genius. he is the consummate pro boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
          and mother****er, lol everyone realizes its all gamemansship lol. lol you the only one who keeps it in your real life lol.

Pathetic, go eat a fried chicken or is it too early?
          Lol naaaa your just crackin me tho up cause you just look all types of ****** right now with that bs you were speakin you can say what you want lol but you know you believed everything you said leading up to this fight lol clown

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
            Floyd caught him coming in enough times to make Pac gunshy.

Getting caught with a straight right as you come in aint no joke.
            I didnt even see one of them right hands rock pac, he needed to throw caution to the wind and let his hands go.

He kept on running into them right hands of JMM until he was ktfo.

I guess im disappointed, Floyd pretty much fought the way I expected him to but I expected a lot more from Pac, especially in a fight of this magnitude.

Comment

He landed 81 punches over the entire fight. He threw less then Floyd. I'd say he was outclassed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                I didnt even see one of them right hands rock pac, he needed to throw caution to the wind and let his hands go.

He kept on running into them right hands of JMM until he was ktfo.

I guess im disappointed, Floyd pretty much fought the way I expected him to but I expected a lot more from Pac, especially in a fight of this magnitude.
                pacquiao only wants to throw punches at mid range and mayweather took that away from him. it's simple and you should have seen it coming a mile off

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  i only recall two, maybe three moments of success for pacquiao. you can generally view a contest in two ways: as a boxing match and as a fight. for the former the goal is to win rounds, for the latter the goal is to inflict damage. mayweather wins the boxing match and completely avoids the fight and therein lies his genius. he is the consummate pro boxer.
                  That is true....I lament the 15 round contest because it was a feather in the cap for the guy who needed to inflict damage to win. These 12 rounders the last rounds are about scoring, never about attrition.

Two or three moments of success is not bad. One has to consider that if we take all the rounds that really didn't mean much, each guy has a fairly limited horizon. There were many times in this fight where Floyd missed counters, where he threw jabs and Many was not there to be hit...Realistically I would say...and i have to watch the fight again, that if Manny had 3 moments of success Floyd may have had maybe 8 or so geniune times where he did something that affected Manny in a meaningful way. Neither guy looked beat up.

My point is that there are other ways of looking at a fight besides scoring. i don't think this was as dominant a performance as some do, with the caveat I have to watch it again!

Comment

• Originally posted by LHK View Post
                    He landed 81 punches over the entire fight. He threw less then Floyd. I'd say he was outclassed.
                    if you believe punchstat numbers...and if you are not careful about what lands and what doesn't land...did either of these guys look like they had been beat up?

Comment

• I just watched the fight a second time...Floyd did what he had too. Manny didn't. That is basically how it is best summed up.

The man that won is the one that did what he had too, and what he was 'supposed' to do.
                      The man that lost was the opposite. Aside from a few short moments manny did not/could not do what he was 'supposed' too, on the contrary.

Floyd deserves his props, as time goes by he will receive them too.

Comment

Working...
                      X