• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said for a while now that he should fight degale

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-war...ght-you--63365

Ward - I'll fight Mayweather at 160 (not GGG doe, he'll make me good boy)
      Yeah i remember he said that

Comment

He is completely done.

Nowhere to go now anyway. Sandwiched between champs that'd **** him out in a few rounds.

Coward.

Comment

I really hope not, but I don't think he really wants to fight anymore. He's willing to sit out rather than not make exorbitant amounts to fight and defend a title against overmatched competition. He doesn't seem to realize that the longer he doesn't fight, the easier it is to pretend he doesn't exist.

I hope Roc Nation gets him back in the ring, because while he has lost my fandom, an active Andre Ward is a very good thing for boxing. He's one of the best, and at one point arguably was the best in the sport. Who knows now.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Yeah it has nothing to do with his incredibly ugly clinching style.

He is on par with Wlad.
            He is no where close to Wlad. Ward doesn't have to clinch, has done so less and less since the awful fights against Kessler and Bika, and the method behind his clinching couldn't be more different. Ward is trying to maul his opponents inside when he clinches. He usually has one arm clamping while the other is active. If his opponents had any idea how, they could fight back inside while Ward is doing that, but they don't.

Wlad is terrified of getting hit and ******s his opponents to prevent any infighting whatsoever.

Comment

Was the talk of him wanting to rematch Kessler correct? I wouldn't mind that fight at this point.

I don't think his career is over, but picking Jay Z doesn't seem like the best idea. If he'd gone with GBP/Arum/Haymon I think he'd probably have something scheduled by now. Kinda get the feeling he went with Jay just because that was the biggest offer. Doesn't mean it can't work out but so far the inactivity continues with no sign of change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Desperate. Dude is clinging on to nothing waiting for a 160 pounder who hasnt unified yet.??

Ward needs to move on with his own career.other big fights bro
                THIS!!!!!!

Just get in a ring. Any ring. Fight someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Was the talk of him wanting to rematch Kessler correct? I wouldn't mind that fight at this point.

I don't think his career is over, but picking Jay Z doesn't seem like the best idea. If he'd gone with GBP/Arum/Haymon I think he'd probably have something scheduled by now. Kinda get the feeling he went with Jay just because that was the biggest offer. Doesn't mean it can't work out but so far the inactivity continues with no sign of change.
                  Ward is his own problem. He wants too much money for meaningless fights. Paying him $2mill to fight La Bomba was desperation on part of HBO to get him back in the ring and look at the crap fight they got for it. He only sold 4,000 tickets for that fight in his home town.

Between his delusional self-worth, unappealing negative style, lack of punching power, lack of intriguing opponents in his division, and even his pissy attitude, Andre Ward is going no where. Unless he realizes he needs to fight for less money he'll stay that way.

Comment

It's really getting to the point where if he doesn't get in with someone ... Anyone soon... By the time he does he might have lost just enough of a step to get upset. It's a shame too the guy clearly has a tremendous skill set.

Comment

With that being said on paper GGG isnt even a good option.
                      his resume is average if that. WARD is waiting on a guy who has never had a B profile type fight yet.
                      Originally posted by BTL View Post
                      If he wants triple g so bad why not move down and fight him?
                      Didnt ward call out floyd at 160.floyd ran his mouth and ward called his card and ellerbe to the rescue before being fired a few months later. Some people say ellerbe and floyd broke up.

Anyways,ward was willing to fight floyd at 160. Some say floyd might fight cotto at 160..what gives.
                      Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-war...ght-you--63365

Ward - I'll fight Mayweather at 160 (not GGG doe, he'll make me good boy)
                      Why are you guys pissing your pants over Ward-GGG?

Comment

Working...
                      X