No announcement yet.

is andre wards career over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He says in the future. Injuries and promotional issues have got in the way. I'm sure he will move up and he should eventually but not while there are still big fights at 168.
    That future was almost 4 years ago. How much more future does he need?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      What fights? Dirrell?

I wouldn't mind see Ward fight a couple guys at 175 to test the waters. He has beat everyone at 168 worth beating.

Tune ups should be happening at LHW.
      Ward is fine where hes at for the time being....No need to move up....

Comment

What fights? Dirrell?

I wouldn't mind see Ward fight a couple guys at 175 to test the waters. He has beat everyone at 168 worth beating.

Tune ups should be happening at LHW.
        We all know what the big fight is. It's Golovkin. Why wouldn't you want to see that fight?

Comment

We all know what the big fight is. It's Golovkin. Why wouldn't you want to see that fight?
          I know you don't like Golovkin, for whatever reason. Let him clean out 160 then he can jump to 168 to fight Ward.

Or Ward can tune up at 175 then move down when Golovkin is at 168 and comfortable, like Ward-Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by f15bone View Post
            Ward is fine where hes at for the time being....No need to move up....
            So is Golovkin. That's what this is all about really, right?

Comment

I know you don't like Golovkin, for whatever reason. Let him clean out 160 then he can jump to 168 to fight Ward.

Or Ward can tune up at 175 then move down when Golovkin is at 168 and comfortable, like Ward-Dawson
              I don't have anything against Golovkin and I'm happy to allow him to clean out 160 if he can.

I want to see Ward-Golovkin though. That means I don't like Golovkin?

Why would Ward take a tune up at 175? To what end? When he can do it at 168. Move up just to move back down? Doesn't make sense on any level

Comment

I don't have anything against Golovkin and I'm happy to allow him to clean out 160 if he can.

I want to see Ward-Golovkin though. That means I don't like Golovkin?

Why would Ward take a tune up at 175? To what end? When he can do it at 168. Move up just to move back down? Doesn't make sense on any level
                He said he would move up. Tune ups at 175 would be fine with me, Wards biggest fan (BrushMyHair) said everyone at 168 is a tune up. Ward cleared it out, 175 is next.

No reason to stick around 168lbs.

Comment

He said he would move up. Tune ups at 175 would be fine with me, Wards biggest fan (BrushMyHair) said everyone at 168 is a tune up. Ward cleared it out, 175 is next.

No reason to stick around 168lbs.
                  The main reason is the Golovkin fight which you apparently don't want to see. There's also fresh blood with DeGale,Groves and the Dirrells. Plus big money fights with Froch or Chavez Jr

No need to move up yet.

Comment

Sorry to Froch and Golovkin fanboys, Ward is just beginning.

Only 27 bouts and never been hurt, he has a long career ahead of him.

Comment

I don't understand all the hate for ward. He seems like a nice good guy. Also what's wrong with staying in a weight class and dominating it? It worked for Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Working...
                      X