Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Pac-Cotto fight arouse your suspicion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    I edited my last post.

"BTW - Manny didn't avoid testing at all costs. They were negotiating and Manny was only about 1 week difference with Floyd on cutoff dates. Then agreed to more."
    Manny turned down the richest fight in history over getting randomly blood tested.

Im putting this the most honest, truthful, straight forward way that I can.

You are honestly telling me that this fact does not make you suspicious... AT ALL?

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      Manny turned down the richest fight in history over getting randomly blood tested.

You are honestly telling me that this fact does not make you suspicious... AT ALL?
      So if you honestly believe that then what are you going to say about Floyd not accepting or making a deal in 2012 that would have given him even more than what Manny would have made in 2009 due to percentage was going to be in Floyds favor?

Comment

So if you honestly believe that then what are you going to say about Floyd not accepting or making a deal in 2012 that would have given him even more than what Manny would have made in 2009 due to percentage was going to be in Floyds favor?

I respectfully asked you a straight forward question. Why are you dancing around it?

Im not trolling, I really would like an answer.

This discussion isnt about Manny vs Floyd and who is to blame blah blah blah.

This is about whether we should suspicious of Manny using PEDs or not.

Comment

I respectfully asked you a straight forward question. Why are you dancing around it?

Im not trolling, I really would like an answer.

This discussion isnt about Manny vs Floyd and who is to blame blah blah blah.

This is about whether we should suspicious of Manny using PEDs or not.
          Not Dancing around the question.

- First of all, Floyd and company ACCUSED Manny of PEDs. So you should already expect it to be a rough negotiation.
          - Secondly, they were BOTH the A-side and actually people were concerned that Manny would be doing what Floyd has done since 2012 with the money since while Floyd was on vacation, Manny had a tremendous year in beating Oscar, Hatton and Cotto and generating way more than Floyd vs Marquez. Yet Manny wanted the fight and accepted 50/50. So the point here is, Floyd wanted it his way but he shouldn't have expected it to go his way 100%.
          - Third point, which is a continuation of #2, it was a negotiation not some gold standard. Manny agreed to extra testing. Random urine and 3 week cutoff while Floyd wanted 2 weeks cutoff when they broke off. That was my point with my last post. The negotiations went bad.
          - 4th point, Manny didn't want to give up any blood so close to the fight when its the biggest fight of your life. If Manny truly believes that it gives at the very least a psychological advantage to Floyd. Why give Floyd any kind of advantage.
          - 5th point which is really going to answer your question the best. Read below. They knew how Manny would react and were probably very surprised that after asking for Manny to take a test and to boot, the accusations from GB, Floyd and company, Manny took so long to say I'm out! They thought that Manny would have said I'm out as soon as the PEDs and Accusations started.

Mosley vs Judah - 2008 (Cancelled)
          More recently in 2008, according to ESPN.com, Zab Judah requested Sugar Shane Mosley to agree to blood testing before their non-title welterweight fight which had been scheduled for May 31 of that year in Las Vegas. However, the fight never happened because Golden Boy CEO, Richard Schaeffer, refused the Olympic-style drug testing requested by the Judah camp, stating, "Whatever tests they [the Nevada State Athletic Commission] want them to take, Shane will submit to that. [But] We are not going to do other tests than the Nevada commission requires. The fact is, Shane is not a cheater and he does not need to be treated like one."

http://www.fight saga.com/news/item/1367-Mayweather-Not-the-First-to-Demand-Alternative-PEDs-Testing

Last edited by ADP02; 02-13-2015, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Stop it. There is no random blood testing unless it's year round. Floyd isnt doing that. Manny called him on his bluff, "ok. You want to make up special testing, here is my rules for it".

Floyd walked.

Comment

Not Dancing around the question.

- First of all, Floyd and company ACCUSED Manny of PEDs. So you should already expect it to be a rough negotiation.
              - Secondly, they were BOTH the A-side and actually people were concerned that Manny would be doing what Floyd has done since 2012 with the money since while Floyd was on vacation, Manny had a tremendous year in beating Oscar, Hatton and Cotto and generating way more than Floyd vs Marquez. Yet Manny wanted the fight and accepted 50/50. So the point here is, Floyd wanted it his way but he shouldn't have expected it to go his way 100%.
              - Third point, which is a continuation of #2, it was a negotiation not some gold standard. Manny agreed to extra testing. Random urine and 3 week cutoff while Floyd wanted 2 weeks cutoff when they broke off. That was my point with my last post. The negotiations went bad.
              - 4th point, Manny didn't want to give up any blood so close to the fight when its the biggest fight of your life. If Manny truly believes that it gives at the very least a psychological advantage to Floyd. Why give Floyd any kind of advantage.
              - 5th point which is really going to answer your question the best. Read below. They knew how Manny would react and were probably very surprised that after asking for Manny to take a test and to boot, the accusations from GB, Floyd and company, Manny took so long to say I'm out! They thought that Manny would have said I'm out as soon as the PEDs and Accusations started.

Mosley vs Judah - 2008 (Cancelled)
              More recently in 2008, according to ESPN.com, Zab Judah requested Sugar Shane Mosley to agree to blood testing before their non-title welterweight fight which had been scheduled for May 31 of that year in Las Vegas. However, the fight never happened because Golden Boy CEO, Richard Schaeffer, refused the Olympic-style drug testing requested by the Judah camp, stating, "Whatever tests they [the Nevada State Athletic Commission] want them to take, Shane will submit to that. [But] We are not going to do other tests than the Nevada commission requires. The fact is, Shane is not a cheater and he does not need to be treated like one."

http://www.fight saga.com/news/item/1367-Mayweather-Not-the-First-to-Demand-Alternative-PEDs-Testing

So I ask you a simple question about Pac and your answer is: Floyd, Floyd, Floyd, Floyd and Floyd some more. Dont you ever get tired of this?

Let me keep this going even though I know your answer will be... Floyd.

How could a random blood test possibly advantage one boxer over another in any way shape or form?

Comment

• That A-side meth doe

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm My Own BOSS View Post
                  Stop it. There is no random blood testing unless it's year round. Floyd isnt doing that. Manny called him on his bluff, "ok. You want to make up special testing, here is my rules for it".

Floyd walked.
                  I dont have time for your alternate reality.

Have a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by One more round View Post
                    I just rewatched that fight...Now first of all, I'm a pac fan and would hate it if he was on roids, greatest fighter of our era imo and a true legend.

But...The way he absolutely pounded on Cotto. Knocked him clean off his feet, beat him into submission and had him running..That just didn't seem possible for a guy of Mannys size. Only Margarito did that to Cotto and he was a considerably bigger man with possibly loaded gloves.

Thoughts on this? Just randomly thinking about it
                    If he did or did not, why should it matter to you? Look at how you Like James Toney and also sporting his AV.

Comment

• Originally posted by One more round View Post
                      That A-side meth doe
                      Bullets bouncing off asses

Comment

Working...
                      X