Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: It's 80-20 That Mayweather Fight Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does everyone keep blaming arum???

"I dont do business with arum"
    Arum wasn't a problem in the negotiations until pac agreed to testing purse split etc etc etc

for the floyd fans:
    please explain this:

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      Floyd doesn't need to change the terms for anyone with common sense to realize that 80-20 is a joke... If Floyd is asking for 80/20 period that's almost as much of a joke as $40 mil flat...I'd tell him go fly a kite and good luck making $150 mil against Cotto.. Bye Bye now
      40 million 35% ppv then u have to tell yoursel good look makin even 25% of that fight any other TR fighter and possibly ruining the 0 of terrance crawford ro garcia for an old pacquaio...B side should just be b side and win the fight like floyd knows they will

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        I heard Mayweather's last interview and he's still bringing up Pacquiao's PPV numbers for a fight in China (even though he demanded Showtime not release his PPV numbers for Mayweather-Maidana 2), but the point is... if he feels that Pacquiao's PPV numbers are so terrible.. why is he negotiating for a Pacquiao fight?

Why doesn't Floyd just go fight Miguel Cotto or someone else... because he should be able to make $150 million fighting them too... since Pacquiao PPV numbers are so terrible...
        Because Mayweather-Pacquiao does massive business.

The real question to ask, which you cleverly tried to avoid, is that if Mayweather feels that Pacquiao's PPV numbers are so terrible, why would he even negotiate for a 60/40 split for a Pacquiao fight?

Why doesn't Pacquiao just go and fight Vargas, which seems to have been the plan from the jump ... since even $40m was such a pitiful offer and not even worth countering, he should have no problem getting that for another fight, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          Why does everyone keep blaming arum???

Arum wasn't a problem in the negotiations until pac agreed to testing purse split etc etc etc

for the floyd fans:
          please explain this:
          i've saw that pic before but i always thought and heard it was photoshopped and floyd looks just like that in another pic so i believed it...and isnt floyd taller than arum in reall life..check that pic and he's not...but anyways bob arum stopped 2 fights thats when floyd said he was an issue..

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            So now you're making up quotes? Post a link to where Moonves said that.
            Personally, I don't know what to think or who is telling the truth, part lies, or all lies. This is what I read recently and it could be that Moonves is talking about the eventual contract rather than some existing one - http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/21/cbs-ho...fight-happens/

From link:
            CBS honcho Les Moonves says he's "hoping" Floyd Mayweather signs the contract to fight Manny Pacquiao ... telling TMZ Sports it would make "a lot of money for everybody."

Of course, CBS owns Showtime -- and Moonves has reportedly been working hard with both Manny's camp and Floyd's camp to lock up a deal for the network.

FYI -- experts predict the fight would CRUSH every financial record in the history of the sport ... including the all-time pay-per-view record of $150 million, which was set during the Mayweather-Alvarez fight in 2013.

Moonves also shot down rumors that he threatened to fire the head of Showtime Sports if the fight doesn't come to fruition.

So where do things stand? Manny says he's signed his side of the contract and is giving Mayweather until the end of the month to sign his ... or else he'll move.

Comment

• All this going back and forth is nauseating !!!!!!!

IF Arum is the problem in some eyes then the best way to beat and humiliate ARUM is to beat ARUM if he has too. IF JR hates ARUM so much then he needs to humiliate PAC,,,beat him to near death and turn to Arum and laugh at him.

JR don't need to use Arum as an excuse, JR shouldn't RUN from ARUM !!!

That old man can't hurt JR, he will out smart JR and that may be the reason he is running from the old fart !

I will be glad when this is OVER,,,,either **** and get off the pot or FIGHT!

Comment

• geeze... ya people need to get it through your heads

PACQUIAO NEVER SAID HE WAS AFRAID OF NEEDLES.... see pac vs morales 1 as to why he didn't want testing close to the fight. Pac has also had an interview in which he explained why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shapopojoe View Post
                  It should be 60/40 for the mere fact that is not a 200 million dollar fight without the b side involved...damn people....Floyd is never going to get a bigger payday so who gives a **** if it's 60/40?
                  Its not about if we as fans give a F@#k if its 60/40. Obviously the parties involved give a f@#k if its 60/40 more or less.

The reason why I said both Floyd and Manny REAL ppv numbers should be shown in negotiations so the percentage split can be made based on the FACTS not on what Floyd feels and not on what Manny & Arum feels. If the numbers show Manny deseves more than 40% Floyd should just have to accept that. If the numbers show Manny deserves even less than what Floyd maybe offering then Manny should just have to accept that as well. That is only fair.

Neither side should argue with the facts that the numbers produce. Even though we should all know by now that both sides will argue with the facts laid out right in front of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
                    This. Showtime REFUSES to release any numbers unless they are good.

We know his fhts wth Maidana did shyte.

Floyd really thnks he's worth more than 60/40 split? If he won't accept 60/40 straight splt, the matter can be settled once and for all.
                    When has HBO ever confirmed a single Pacquiao PPV?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      Why does everyone keep blaming arum???

for the floyd fans:
                      please explain this:

One of the more impressive reaches I've seen on this website.

They were hardly doing "business" in that photo. Man, that was so difficult to answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X