Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Guillermo Rigondeaux Too Small To Fight At 126?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post
    I agreed with most of you post but you can be great without moving up in weight, if your body doesn't allow for you to gain those needed pounds to compete at that level what can you do? I'm not saying he can't do it but am taking an educated guess that at his age and he staterd at 105 or less, he ain't growing no more...
    He can be great without moving up, but not All-Time Great like many of his fans already claim he is. There's big names at 126 that can get him to that All-Time Great status. At 122 there's not. He'd have to settle for being remembered as just a good champ, and most likely not make it to the Hall Of Fame.

Comment

Santa Duck fans going hard at other fighters to cover their boy's arse

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
        At least they had to make 122. These fights happened at the super bantamweight limit. On fightnight you can come at 180 if you like. These guys Donaire & Amagasa were bigger than Rigo - because he's a small super bantam - but they were no featherweights.

Santa Cruz could be fighting better opposition, he has the right promoter/advisor for that and all his fights are televised by Showtime. He's fighting bums because he wants it. Rigondeaux is in a more complicated situation and you know it, but he's willing to face anyone (at his weight). This is a stupid comparison.
        He weight drained Amagasa and Donaire then, right? I mean, Donaire is picking on midgets according to the forum so he must be a FW for sure. Amagasa was a FW before having to move down for Rigo, so what's your point? Yes, they were FW fighting in a division that wasn't theirs.

Santa Cruz sucks and his opposition is garbage but that doesn't change the fact that Rigo isn't fighting any better foes. Sure they are in different situations in regards to their Promotional companies but I'm confident in Rigo being able to land the bigger names at 126, why doesn't he do it? The way he handled "Giants" in his last few outtings should say it all, he can cope with the size disadvantage. Stop making excuses.

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        My Fault the guy from Japan is at 126 and wants him to move up to 126 as well.

That still doesn't mean he should move up...The pressure should be on

Santa Cruz
        Quigg
        Frampton

to fight the best guy in their Division it should be pressure for Rigondeaux to move up.

I want to see Rigondeaux vs Frampton, Santa Cruz and Quigg over anybody at 126 at the moment. Not the guys at 126 Job to beat Rigondeaux. If Rigondeaux moves up to 126 then he becomes Gonzalez and Walters problems. The Guyst at 126 have unfinished business with each other as well. Gonzalez, Walters and Lomenchenko haven't fought each other yet either!
        Aside from Frampton I doubt we will see any of those names get in the ring with Rigo. Truth is they all fear a loss at this point in their careers. Honestly I would rather see Vasyl vs Rigo at 126 more so than any other fight (other than Mares vs LSC) at those weights. Rigo has enough talent to compete, in fact Lomachenko weights less on fight nights than Nonito did against Rigo, and Rigo schooled him over 12. That alone should tell you something.

Originally posted by garfios View Post
        no you want him to see the cards stack against him, if you want him to fight good competition you should be screaming for the frapmtons, st+ and quiggs of the world to man up, not asking for the guy that can barely gain three pounds the night of the fight to go after those "challenges", why not do this, weight in the night of the fight?
        I did and it doesn't do sh@t. Have you not seen my thread on Leo and his father? I suggest you look it up. Anyway the fact is Rigo can and would be efficient at 126, at first I didn't think so but seeing as how he manhandles "giants", I am sure his skills would prevail at 126. What does Rigo's fight night weight have to do with anything though? He has the skill set to put 118 to 130 weight divisions to shame according to his camp.

Comment

No the china chin gets permanently smashed should he move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Santa Duck fans going hard at other fighters to cover their boy's arse
            Oh, there you are. We need Scott Quigg fans to chime in on if it makes business sense for Santa Cruz to fight Rigondeaux, .

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
              Oh, there you are. We need Scott Quigg fans to chime in on if it makes business sense for Santa Cruz to fight Rigondeaux, .
              I'm not a Scott Quigg fan.

You Chicanas have no shame. You were attacking Carl Froch of all people last week and now Rigondeaux?

All because your hero is a little maricon

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                I'm not a Scott Quigg fan.

You Chicanas have no shame. You were attacking Carl Froch of all people last week and now Rigondeaux?

All because your hero is a little maricon
                Now you deny being a Scott Quigg fan, .

Comment

I don't think your poll options were very good. I doubt everybody is ducking him but his team is not full of it. He is skilled enough to beat most or all 126 pounders but why should he have to fight bigger men when he is a natural 122 pounder? He is the man to beat so let the others come up or down to 122. Rigo should stay at 122 and fight the best challengers as long as he is paid fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
                    Now you deny being a Scott Quigg fan, .
                    When did I ever say I was a Scott Quigg fan? I never have been.

Just because I say that Sandra Cruz is ducking him? I don't have to be a fan to speak the truth. Your boy is ducking EVERYONE....not just guys I'm a fan of.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                      He weight drained Amagasa and Donaire then, right? I mean, Donaire is picking on midgets according to the forum so he must be a FW for sure. Amagasa was a FW before having to move down for Rigo, so what's your point? Yes, they were FW fighting in a division that wasn't theirs.

Santa Cruz sucks and his opposition is garbage but that doesn't change the fact that Rigo isn't fighting any better foes. Sure they are in different situations in regards to their Promotional companies but I'm confident in Rigo being able to land the bigger names at 126, why doesn't he do it? The way he handled "Giants" in his last few outtings should say it all, he can cope with the size disadvantage. Stop making excuses.
                      Rigo-Donaire and Rigo-Amagasa were SUPER BANTAMWEIGHT title fights. Both fights happened at 122... which is Rigo's division. Stop saying stuff like "But but according to NSB... Amagasa is a giant... Donaire was a lww... Rigo's camp said he could beat 130 pounders...etc."

All you're doing is quoting some of his fans (especially when they talk nonsense) and using that against them. Of course, you only remember what's convenient for you. Where were you when people said Donaire was too small for 126? What about those who say that Rigo could fight at 118?

Rigo is already fighting bigger men, that's a fact. There's a difference between being able to cope with a size disadvantage against a fighter like Amagasa and a fighter like Walters. If he ever moves up in weight, he would have to move a lot more in the ring and people (like you?) will call him a boring runner. The guy can't win.

Comment

Working...
                      X