Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Guillermo Rigondeaux Too Small To Fight At 126?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    You know what gets to me Dren? The fact that his fans are hypocrites.

They boast about Rigo is manhandled a LWW Donaire and Featherweight Japanese warrior in Amagasa but when asked why he doesn't move up to chase the big fish... they crawl into a hole and throw a load of distractions your way. Claiming Rigo is too small, is a 118 lbs fighter who has no business at 126, etc.. etc..

In other words, their agendas are so filled up with BS they have no idea what page to flip to when properly questioned.

2/4 of Rigo's last fights have been against FW's, yet we can't even fathom the thought of him moving up

Kokeitgym and Amagasa are damn near at the same level of LSC's opposition, where's the uproar? None. Instead we get praise. Hilarious bunch I tell you.

What a bunch of hipsters they are.
    Oh yeah dawg, thats why i dont like debating with them because theyre unrealistic fanboys... those japs rigo fought especially amagasa are huge guys.. i think amagas could easily make 130, but rigos fans know that 126 is where the real competition. Is at and they want none of it..

I mean if this guy really is that good and deserving of such names as RiGOD or whatever it is his fanboys call him, then why not move up and prove it? The guy is talented enough i believe but his fans obviously dont believe it... either way theyre an odd bunch i must say.

Comment

he is small for the weight class but he still will fight anyone who mans up
      http://youtu.be/ZUnnRmn58ko
      Originally posted by blak81 View Post
      Just 4 pounds...

Fight night weight is what is important. Look at the difference 4 pounds turns into.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
        Rigo-Donaire and Rigo-Amagasa were SUPER BANTAMWEIGHT title fights. Both fights happened at 122... which is Rigo's division. Stop saying stuff like "But but according to NSB... Amagasa is a giant... Donaire was a lww... Rigo's camp said he could beat 130 pounders...etc."

All you're doing is quoting some of his fans (especially when they talk nonsense) and using that against them. Of course, you only remember what's convenient for you. Where were you when people said Donaire was too small for 126? What about those who say that Rigo could fight at 118?

Rigo is already fighting bigger men, that's a fact. There's a difference between being able to cope with a size disadvantage against a fighter like Amagasa and a fighter like Walters. If he ever moves up in weight, he would have to move a lot more in the ring and people (like you?) will call him a boring runner. The guy can't win.
        People like me would say what? Idiot, I am a massive Rigo fan. I even bought his book Anyway, no one was claiming Donaire was too small at 126 when Rigo vs Donaire rolled around, perhaps now but not then. In fact, most were claiming Donaire was only fighting at 122 to pick on midgets prior to his fight with Rigo, now all of a sudden he is too small for FW?

Everything I said is true, that's why I constantly repeat and won't stop now. Amagasa and Donaire fought at SBW when one was a FW and the other was "picking on midgets", correct? So that means both of them were drained in those fights, I mean it would only make sense. Both Amagasa and Donaire are huge, they couldnt have made 122 without killing themselves, correct?

You're right, see how ignorant these Rigotards sound? You can be a fan of a fighter and not hype him up beyond what he is. Rigo is an amazing talent but sadly he won't get the opportunity to face the names he deserves. I suppose most of his fans are comfortable with him fighting subpar competition in "his weight division" such as you, but I'm not. I want to see his skill against legitimate champions not some Asian domestic fighters.

Rigo and his fans are afraid to move up to 126 but can't find the proper way to put it in text without sounding like the other fighters whom are ducking Rigo. Also, I would never call Rigo a boring runner. Never have and never will

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
          He can be great without moving up, but not All-Time Great like many of his fans already claim he is. There's big names at 126 that can get him to that All-Time Great status. At 122 there's not. He'd have to settle for being remembered as just a good champ, and most likely not make it to the Hall Of Fame.
          Once again I agreed with some, I'll say that if he defends his crown 15+ times and retires undefeated he makes it into the HOF, they will take into consideration his amateur pedigree, and defending your belt 15+ is quite an achievement, don't you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            he is small for the weight class but he still will fight anyone who mans up
            http://youtu.be/ZUnnRmn58ko

Thanks for the evidence! See guys, according to Hanzies post neither Loma nor Walters make 140 on fight night. Supposedly Rigo beat a 142 lbs fighter in Donaire on fight night, why couldn't he fight at 126 if size isn't a factor?

Comment

Rigo's a beast but Walters is way to freakin big. I would love to see Rigo vs Lamachenko. A 50/50 fight IMO.

Comment

He weight drained Amagasa and Donaire then, right? I mean, Donaire is picking on midgets according to the forum so he must be a FW for sure. Amagasa was a FW before having to move down for Rigo, so what's your point? Yes, they were FW fighting in a division that wasn't theirs.

Santa Cruz sucks and his opposition is garbage but that doesn't change the fact that Rigo isn't fighting any better foes. Sure they are in different situations in regards to their Promotional companies but I'm confident in Rigo being able to land the bigger names at 126, why doesn't he do it? The way he handled "Giants" in his last few outtings should say it all, he can cope with the size disadvantage. Stop making excuses.

Aside from Frampton I doubt we will see any of those names get in the ring with Rigo. Truth is they all fear a loss at this point in their careers. Honestly I would rather see Vasyl vs Rigo at 126 more so than any other fight (other than Mares vs LSC) at those weights. Rigo has enough talent to compete, in fact Lomachenko weights less on fight nights than Nonito did against Rigo, and Rigo schooled him over 12. That alone should tell you something.

I did and it doesn't do sh@t. Have you not seen my thread on Leo and his father? I suggest you look it up. Anyway the fact is Rigo can and would be efficient at 126, at first I didn't think so but seeing as how he manhandles "giants", I am sure his skills would prevail at 126. What does Rigo's fight night weight have to do with anything though? He has the skill set to put 118 to 130 weight divisions to shame according to his camp.
                what his camp say and what the reality is are very different, just do the math man, he gains only three pounds fight night while the competition ballons 10, 15 and in some case 20 pounds, is it fair to you just for the sake of challenging himself?

Comment

Thanks for the evidence! See guys, according to Hanzies post neither Loma nor Walters make 140 on fight night. Supposedly Rigo beat a 142 lbs fighter in Donaire on fight night, why couldn't he fight at 126 if size isn't a factor?
                  Wut. He didn't even hydrate to 126 vs agbeko but you don't think he's small as hell for a natural feather weight? Lima fans cry about salido being a welter weight and Lima is damn near a Jww lol. Like I said he's small as hell but will still fight the 126 guys if u watched the video

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    what his camp say and what the reality is are very different, just do the math man, he gains only three pounds fight night while the competition ballons 10, 15 and in some case 20 pounds, is it fair to you just for the sake of challenging himself?
                    That's how good he is. They want to see him fight King kong. lol

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      Exactly(bolded). He is already fighting bigger men that balloon to 130 plus, according to you Donaire rehydrated all the way to 142, neither Walters nor Loma have ballooned past 140 in their recent fights. How would it be any different when in fact FW's themselves don't rehydrate as much as Donaire did in their fight? Oh, and it isn't just for the "sake of challenging himself" but more or less to attempt to build a decent resume before he exits the game. He is 34 or so, he doesn't have much time and wasting it away against domestic level fighters is a massive disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                      X