Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Guillermo Rigondeaux Too Small To Fight At 126?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
    No. But his stupid fans think he is, but its ironic because most of the rigo fans are fans of pacquaio too! Go figure.
    You know what gets to me Dren? The fact that his fans are hypocrites.

They boast about Rigo is manhandled a LWW Donaire and Featherweight Japanese warrior in Amagasa but when asked why he doesn't move up to chase the big fish... they crawl into a hole and throw a load of distractions your way. Claiming Rigo is too small, is a 118 lbs fighter who has no business at 126, etc.. etc..

In other words, their agendas are so filled up with BS they have no idea what page to flip to when properly questioned.

2/4 of Rigo's last fights have been against FW's, yet we can't even fathom the thought of him moving up

Kokeitgym and Amagasa are damn near at the same level of LSC's opposition, where's the uproar? None. Instead we get praise. Hilarious bunch I tell you.

What a bunch of hipsters they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post

They boast about Rigo is manhandled a LWW Donaire and Featherweight Japanese warrior in Amagasa but when asked why he doesn't move up to chase the big fish... they crawl into a hole and throw a load of distractions your way. Claiming Rigo is too small, is a 118 lbs fighter who has no business at 126, etc.. etc..

In other words, their agendas are so filled up with BS they have no idea what page to flip to when properly questioned.

2/4 of Rigo's last fights have been against FW's, yet we can't even fathom the thought of him moving up

Kokeitgym and Amagasa are damn near at the same level of LSC's opposition, where's the uproar? None. Instead we get praise. Hilarious bunch I tell you.

Rigondeaux has no choice but to fight whatever comes his way good or bad, theres a difference between fighting a feather that has to make 122 or 124 and gains 10-15 pounds than fighting a feather at 126 and gains the 10-15 pounds, he is the best 122 on the planet fighters should be lining up to fight him and get that scalp, instead the are hiding behind promoters and in some case their fathers, I remember when gomez was the king fighters from 118-122 were challenge him all the time, then he move up to 126 because he clean out the division and his power wasn't the same, he won some and lost some, my point is that he got his fights at his weight, Rigondeaux is begging and you guys want him to move up not to prove his greatness but to see him lose, the top guns from 122 need to challenge their KING...

Comment

I wonder what zarate, zamora, chacon, olivares, gomez, pintor, cruz ect... would say about this.

Comment

I doubt Leo Santa Cruz, Scott Quigg, and Carl Frampton will fight Guillermo Rigondeaux. That leaves Rigondeaux 2 choices. Either move up to 126 and dare to be great or be content beating the available competition (Kokietgym and Amagasa types) at 122 and STFU.

Rigondeaux and his team act like he deserves to be a universally praised superstar but don't want to take the risks that come along with it.

There's nothing wrong with Rigondeaux staying at 122 and beating mediocre competition for the rest of his career. Many solid champs have done that before, but STFU about him being so great. Rigondeaux either needs to prove his greatness (Donaire and Agbeko don't cut it) or calm his entitled a$$ down.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            Rigondeaux has no choice but to fight whatever comes his way good or bad, theres a difference between fighting a feather that has to make 122 or 124 and gains 10-15 pounds than fighting a feather at 126 and gains the 10-15 pounds, he is the best 122 on the planet fighters should be lining up to fight him and get that scalp, instead the are hiding behind promoters and in some case their fathers, I remember when gomez was the king fighters from 118-122 were challenge him all the time, then he move up to 126 because he clean out the division and his power wasn't the same, he won some and lost some, my point is that he got his fights at his weight, Rigondeaux is begging and you guys want him to move up not to prove his greatness but to see him lose, the top guns from 122 need to challenge their KING...
            What are you saying? What is the difference? Donaire weighed in at 142 according to you, that's heavier than even Lomachenko whom happens to be a big FW. He manhandled Donaire and shut down a "top 10 FW"(according to Rigotards) in Amagasa, whom also happens to be a FW moving down just to take on Rigo. What is the difference exactly?

I don't want to see him lose I want to see him fight legitimate opposition. Lately he's been fighting the same type of fighters that Al and LSC would dig up, except they are Asian domestic fighters so that makes them "exotic", right? God Forbid they were Mexican fighters or anyone other than Rigo facing them or else they would be complete bums

Truth of the matter is you and the rest of fans like you are a bunch of biased twats. That's the end of it

Hit and not get hit, cant hit what you cant see

Comment

Rigo at 122 "I'm King Kong

Ask rigo to move up to 126?

Rigo: de plane di plain

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
                I doubt Leo Santa Cruz, Scott Quigg, and Carl Frampton will fight Guillermo Rigondeaux. That leaves Rigondeaux 2 choices. Either move up to 126 and dare to be great or be content beating the available competition (Kokietgym and Amagasa types) at 122 and STFU.

Rigondeaux and his team act like he deserves to be a universally praised superstar but don't want to take the risks that come along with it.

There's nothing wrong with Rigondeaux staying at 122 and beating mediocre competition for the rest of his career. Many solid champs have done that before, but STFU about him being so great. Rigondeaux either needs to prove his greatness (Donaire and Agbeko don't cut it) or calm his entitled a$$ down.
                I agreed with most of you post but you can be great without moving up in weight, if your body doesn't allow for you to gain those needed pounds to compete at that level what can you do? I'm not saying he can't do it but am taking an educated guess that at his age and he staterd at 105 or less, he ain't growing no more...

Comment

At least they had to make 122. These fights happened at the super bantamweight limit. On fightnight you can come at 180 if you like. These guys Donaire & Amagasa were bigger than Rigo - because he's a small super bantam - but they were no featherweights.

Santa Cruz could be fighting better opposition, he has the right promoter/advisor for that and all his fights are televised by Showtime. He's fighting bums because he wants it. Rigondeaux is in a more complicated situation and you know it, but he's willing to face anyone (at his weight). This is a stupid comparison.

Comment

Name the Japanese fighters at 122 calling him out, go ahead... I'll wait. Shinsuke Yamanaka has been the only one and he is a Bantamweight WBC Champion, not a 122 lbs contender. However you said "fighters", which is more than one... point out the slew of Japanese fighters calling out Rigo, it shouldnt be too hard, there is supposedly many of them according to you.

Laughable because we are aware he is fighting no hopers and instead we want to see him face legit opposition? Ward is coming back and has done everything at 168 prior, some new faces are rising and he will be just fine at his weight. GGG is actually facing top 10 competition at his level althought they aren't the greatest in terms of skill, he is atleast taking on some decent names. Rigo is fighting Kokietgym and Amagasa for fcks sake Who the fck are they? They are just as bad as Leo's competition but since it doesn't fit your biased views it isn't a relevant issue in your book.

Right? Right. So keep bringing up how ridiculous it is to ask for a fighter to move up in weight to actually give the fans some decent fights before his career is over. He has the skill to neutralize bigger men and has done it before, "so cut the BS" and tell me why he doesn't move up.
                    My Fault the guy from Japan is at 126 and wants him to move up to 126 as well.

That still doesn't mean he should move up...The pressure should be on

Santa Cruz
                    Quigg
                    Frampton

to fight the best guy in their Division it shouldn't be pressure for Rigondeaux to move up.

I want to see Rigondeaux vs Frampton, Santa Cruz and Quigg over anybody at 126 at the moment. Not the guys at 126 Job to beat Rigondeaux. If Rigondeaux moves up to 126 then he becomes Gonzalez and Walters problems. The Guyst at 126 have unfinished business with each other as well. Gonzalez, Walters and Lomenchenko haven't fought each other yet either!
                    Last edited by sicko; 01-14-2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

What are you saying? What is the difference? Donaire weighed in at 142 according to you, that's heavier than even Lomachenko whom happens to be a big FW. He manhandled Donaire and shut down a "top 10 FW"(according to Rigotards) in Amagasa, whom also happens to be a FW moving down just to take on Rigo. What is the difference exactly?

I don't want to see him lose I want to see him fight legitimate opposition. Lately he's been fighting the same type of fighters that Al and LSC would dig up, except they are Asian domestic fighters so that makes them "exotic", right? God Forbid they were Mexican fighters or anyone other than Rigo facing them or else they would be complete bums

Truth of the matter is you and the rest of fans like you are a bunch of biased twats. That's the end of it

Hit and not get hit, cant hit what you cant see
                      no you want him to see the cards stack against him, if you want him to fight good competition you should be screaming for the frapmtons, st+ and quiggs of the world to man up, not asking for the guy that can barely gain three pounds the night of the fight to go after those "challenges", why not do this, weight in the night of the fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X