Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Floyd Mayweather actually lost a fight? Does your perception change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will still be a great. Greater if he fights Pacquiao. Still a chicken if he ducks.

If he actually is proven to be doing PEDs like this video suggests then.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ohVgxPNNzuw

Comment

He would lose about 70% of his "fans", that i'm sure of.

I'm a fan of Floyd - the fighter and I can see that Floyd isn't a fighter he once was plus he's pretty old so no, my perception wouldn't change.

Fighters (especially older ones) lose, big fuckin deal.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
        It's obvious Floyd values being undefeated but let's say he lost a fight. He lost clearly. Does it change your perception of Mayweather? Do you think it will ruin Floyd's psyche if he lost and he wanted to fight again? Do you think it will be interesting to see how he bounced back from a loss? Thoughts?
        If he lost I'd think it was about time because he has skipped out on too many challenges. It wouldnt really change my perception of him though, in terms of boxing he is a lower tier ATG and in terms of him as a person, I dislike him.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
          It's obvious Floyd values being undefeated but let's say he lost a fight. He lost clearly. Does it change your perception of Mayweather? Do you think it will ruin Floyd's psyche if he lost and he wanted to fight again? Do you think it will be interesting to see how he bounced back from a loss? Thoughts?
          FMJr is a great-great fighter and public figure -- many say he lost his first Castillo fight, but he "bounced back" immediately...

(I'm no longer a fan of FMJr, after the "glovesgate"...)

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            If he lost i would say oh well..he is about to be 38 and has been on top for years......Maybe it will bring his ass back to reality and he will grow up and stop throwing his money away to sack chasers and stop acting like he is king of the world...
            In reality, that should have happened after the Castillo fight. Chances are he would cry foul and retire early, while pointing out how wealthy he is and boxing is nothing without him....

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              If he lost i would say oh well..he is about to be 38 and has been on top for years......Maybe it will bring his ass back to reality and he will grow up and stop throwing his money away to sack chasers and stop acting like he is king of the world...
              ... That's for "public image", doe... Floyd impersonates "the ghetto American dream", doe... I don't mind...
              The only thing I really disliked at Floyd was that "pillow gloves" low blow (within 24 hours prior to the actual fight)... It was low indeed... But the guy is old by now -- opened to tragicomical mistakes...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... That's for "public image", doe... Floyd impersonates "the ghetto American dream", doe... I don't mind...
                The only thing I really disliked at Floyd was that "pillow gloves" low blow (within 24 hours prior to the actual fight)... It was low indeed... But the guy is old by now -- opened to tragicomical mistakes...
                You're one of the weirdest posters on here lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  No because he is clearly past his prime.... If he keeps fighting high level guys he will lose eventually... He is nearing 40 years old.. If he loses now, it's understandable, and shouldn't drsg down his legacy
                  Depends who he loses to. A loss to Pac would damage his legacy more than a loss to Khan or Maidana etc due to the polarizing nature of the fight and its global interest.

Comment

Wouldn't and shouldn't change anyone's perception but it will.

It's been built up too long, the day he loses (if or when) it will be a moment of madness in boxing history.

There have been people dying for this day for over a decade.

The guys against will rejoice, the fans will be shocked, everyone will be shocked that it finally happened.

Abit like the Undertaker in wrestling and his undefeated streak.

My guess is he will lose eventually.

Comment

Nah. All time great either way.

And an all time great at pissin' me off.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                      X