Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford is a very special fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford is overrated as all hell. He's talented but he is not different than Broner. Broner was way more dominate at 135 than Crawford and look at him. Crawford is more talented than Broner but gets hit plenty and will get bombed out at 140. Solid fighter but he isn't special by any means.

Comment

It's a shame we may never see him fight the likes of Matthysse or Garcia.

Realistically, Provo, Mikey, Algieri would be interesting fights for him at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Crawford is overrated as all hell. He's talented but he is not different than Broner. Broner was way more dominate at 135 than Crawford and look at him. Crawford is more talented than Broner but gets hit plenty and will get bombed out at 140. Solid fighter but he isn't special by any means.
        He had 2 fights at lightweight. Broner and Crawford are different kind of fighters anyway there's no comparison.

Comment

I give his performance against Ray Beltran a B+. He boxed brilliantly, his defense was very solid, he picked his shots well and upped the tempo every time Ray tried to rally. Overall a solid performance, but, would've liked him to press the action a little harder in the mid rounds and use his power hand more often. His jab was stellar and won him the fight but his straight left and right hook was not as prevalent

Comment

i dunno about special but he is good too watch and there are too few african american fighters like that these days

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              i dunno about special but he is good too watch and there are too few african american fighters like that these days
              No need to inject race into the convo

Comment

Broner didnt really fight anybody nasty at 135, Crawford fought better opposition. He doesnt really get hit that much, his defense is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Crawford hasn't even fought at 140 yet and you're comparing him to Dallas? I bet Crawford can become a top 10 fighter @140, something Dallas never got close to doing.
                  Nothing at this point leads me to believe he will be anybody. Why should I be sold on him? Because he fought a c class Beltran and a undersize Gamboa who gave him all he can handle and coming off a huge lay off. Get real man crawford is the new mike dallas at 140 and will get flushed down the toliet like *s*h*i*t* in fact these fights tell me he has a suspect chin, no pwr and leaky defense. Crawford has a lot to do to convince me that he is worth a s*h*i*t right now he is garbage and false hope

Comment

Crawford is fantastic at whatever he's trying to do in a specific moment. When he wants to be defensive, he's very hard to hit. When he's offensive, he throws good combinations and is sharp.

Problem is he isn't good at the transition. He doesn't have that effortless ability to switch it up from moment to moment like Mayweather, Ward, or Rigondeaux do, so either his offense or defense suffers noticeably depending on his mindset. That will hurt him against better fighters.

He is definitely a good fighter though, and he's getting better.

Comment

LOL, no he isn't.

He's clearly the best at 135 and I'd pick him over anybody at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X