No announcement yet.

Can Kovalev be an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Do you think Kovalev could be an ATG? Would wins over Hopkins, Stevenson, Chilemba, Pascal, and Fonfara be enough to be considered an ATG?
    Maybe he can, but beating the guys you listed won't be enough. He needs more (e. g. some more quality defenses, beating Ward or a cruiserweight title or two).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      Not necessarily. Money still plenty at Heavyweight but the clash was weak. Sometimes, it's a symptom of a reload in a given class.
      Tyson Fury argues otherwise, he reckons it's a dead end financially. Most of the money appears tied up with the belts, Wlad holding 4 of 5 of them, the rest trying not lose in an attempt to get a big money mandatory shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Tyson Fury argues otherwise, he reckons it's a dead end financially. Most of the money appears tied up with the belts, Wlad holding 4 of 5 of them, the rest trying not lose in an attempt to get a big money mandatory shot.
        Right, but when the fights happen, it's still more.

Another thing to consider: money follow geography in a lot of classes. If the market is mis-aligned (like it often is at lower weights where you have champs in countries like Thailand and Mexico whose fans don't even know about the other guy).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
          If Victor Postol becomes the champ at light welterweight, Lomachenko at featherweight and Ponomarev at welterweight, will those become "weak" divisions too?
          It's always about race with this ****.

Comment

The LHW division is locked up now: Beterbiev is there also...

... Sour g****s for many people...

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              Do you think Kovalev could be an ATG? Would wins over Hopkins, Stevenson, Chilemba, Pascal, and Fonfara be enough to be considered an ATG?
              Not certainly because these wins but if he can continue his succesfull run over the next few years, then I guess he can. However I hope someone will beat him, not because I'm a hater and nothing personal I just don't really like his fighting style.
              At the same time I know that most of the people love this style hence the successes of these guys (Kovalev, GGG) are generally good for this sport.

Comment

If Andre Ward put on seven whole pounds and fought a LHW would it still be a "trash" division?

Comment

HOF, probably is within reach...ATG, I honestly don't see it, but I guess everyone's criteria is a bit different on how you would rank someone as an ATG so I guess it is subjective.

Comment

Would wins over Hopkins, Stevenson, Chilemba, Pascal, and Fonfara be enough to be considered an ATG? hell **** no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not even enough to get into the damn Hall of fame

Comment

He's a master boxer. He out slicked one of the slickest boxers in Hopkins. Made him look foolish and taught him a boxing lesson.

He has ATG written all over him. He just needs the competition to nail his status.

Comment

Working...
                      X