Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walters' Trainer Not in Favor of Lomachenko Being Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight could wait another year, I'd rather see them take on Gradovich & Gonzalez next winners face each other which I figure would be Walters vs. Lomachenko.

Comment

The bottom line is if it makes dollars then it makes sense. If HBO or any other promoter is willing to put up big money for the fight then why not make it happen tomorrow?

The problem with that scenario is that Lomachenko has only three professional prizefights. In addition, outside of his title belt, he is coming to the bargaining table empty handed.

He is not a box office draw with very little to no fan base in the U.S. So who is going to actually buy tickets to see that fight? HBO needs to continue to build him up first like they are doing Golovkin before they start throwing huge money behind him.

Comment

Walters vs Gonzalez will be a much bigger draw in my opinion, because Jhonny does have the capability of tapping into that huge Mexican and Mexican American marketing fan base in order to sell and generate interest for a potential fight.

Comment

Working...
        X