Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs Prime Margarito @154? Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo would crack margarito's chin eventually, late round stoppage, should be corner stoppage but if its robert garcia then ref eventually jumps in

Comment

Canelo decision, close if Canelo isn't in optimal condition

Comment

Canelo fades in the later rounds when margarito would be picking up
        Margarito gives anyone with poor stamina a nightmare

Comment

people forget how garbage margarito was......the guy was a damn bum above 147 because he was actually facing guys his size. canelo's team would make sure margarito wouldn't cheat.......margarito was a toothless/claw-less tiger after he got caught.

Comment

This fight reminds me more of Margarito-Cintron than some others. Kermit could probably move a little better than Canelo, but I guess some are arguing that he shouldn't move and just attempt to light Marg up as he comes in? Ala the Angulo fight. So I'll just use that fight as the example here.

I can't see that approach (Canelo-Angulo)lasting for more than 5 rounds. That fight had a pretty intense round where Canelo got a little tired, Angulo was landing (somewhat) and Canelo found himself backed up on the ropes signaling for Angulo to come in - that moment would have been fight changing against a prime Margarito. That would have been the point where things would have unraveled for Canelo imo.

Comment

Margarito with the upset! Split right down the middle, exchange for exchange, when Canelo poops out around round 10. Margarito closes the show.

Comment

Fight preview:
                Canelo wins first 4 with a combo barrage.
                He gasses and Marg heats up in middle rounds.
                Canelo still lands clean on Margarito but can't cope with his endless attack & eventually gets stopped in the 11th via "body shot" (exhaustion basically).

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Ya, I see it the same. Canelo has nothing to bother margarito with. People forget how good he was because of the tail end of his career and controversy.

remind me how good he was. who did he beat?

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    This fight reminds me more of Margarito-Cintron than some others. Kermit could probably move a little better than Canelo, but I guess some are arguing that he shouldn't move and just attempt to light Marg up as he comes in? Ala the Angulo fight. So I'll just use that fight as the example here.

I can't see that approach (Canelo-Angulo)lasting for more than 5 rounds. That fight had a pretty intense round where Canelo got a little tired, Angulo was landing (somewhat) and Canelo found himself backed up on the ropes signaling for Angulo to come in - that moment would have been fight changing against a prime Margarito. That would have been the point where things would have unraveled for Canelo imo.
                    Cintron? Lol. You honestly can compare Canelo to Cintron? Canelo has already shown to be leagues above Cintron in terms of durability, skill and courage.

Angulo is a sugnificantly stronger puncher than Marg ever was an he couldnt even get Canelo to blink...and he still lost that round youre talking about. Canelo was in control 100% of the time. The only comparisons that seem accurate imo are mosley vs marg or canelo vs angulo.

Canelo is bigger, stronger, faster, seems as durable, and more skilled. I don't see how Marg doesnt get stopped via ref honestly. Marg had an intense will, atg type chin and stamina for days but Canelo is a nightmare matchup...Marg was really not that great. Canelo brutalized Angulo with no signs of stopping the assault through 10 rounds and chased Lara all night. Canelo doesnt have the most impressive tank around but its by no means as terrible as advertised. It's not bad considering his size and weight class and the speed he displays with good power not to mention his improving defense. I give Marg almost no shot...

Comment

Margarito in his prime had an iron jaw and great stamina along with good punching power. He often threw over 100 good punches a round. Canelo does not have his stamina but Canelo can take a punch and he has fast hands thrown in accurate combinations. Although Mayweather made him look bad Canelo is a good boxer with a good defense and real power with both hands to the head and to the body. Canelo's superior speed, boxing ability and punching power would easily overcome Margarito's higher work rate and he would win in my opinion by a one sided ud or a ko.

Comment

Working...
                      X