Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Maidana,Ortiz,Guerrero etc. deserved Floyd but Khan doesn't???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    Because Broner is better than Khan.

]
    Based on what? I much prefer watching broner as well but he's even more hyped than Amir and has ZERO wins over any moderately rated fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
      Because Broner is better than Khan. Khan hasn't done anything to earn a shot at Mayweather. Garcia deserves a Mayweather fight before khan does.

Khan Has Garcia, Peterson, and Presscott Problems.

Lol okay Smh.

Broner has Khan's leftovers problems tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
        You think Maidana deserved to fight Floyd based on a win over Broner?

you're actually proving my point, i'm not criticizing Maidana I think you got my point wrong, I'm just saying that the criteria set for deserving a Floyd shot hasn't been followed by a lot of his previous opponents, in true sense all you need to beat is some hype job to secure a shot.

Also who was Canelo's best win when he fought Floyd? a close points win over Austin Trout? that sums it up.
        over khan and his win over diaz? of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          so? what this has to do with anything? that doesn't change the fact it was suposed to be a soft touch, it's khan the one that keeps screwing it up against guys he should beat comfortably. you talk about maidana beating a blown up lightweight in broner, but at least maidana didn't struggle at all, quite the opposite, diaz was also a blown up lightweight
          that diaz outboxed Amir for large portions of the fight

he would feint to setup potshots and counter him

whenever someone says amir cant be outboxed I refer them to the diaz and prescott matches

Comment

Lol okay Smh.

Broner has Khan's leftovers problems tho.
            Broner would never get knocked down by Julio Diaz. Khan has been on his ass more times than Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              no you said guys earn a floyd dight by beating someone in a slug fest first

since when did amir have the chin to slug it out

amir's impressive performances involved minimal slugging

your arguement is flawed. maidana wasnt a particularly fast come forward fighter yet he took Floyd out his comfort zone. Miguel Cotto also

apart from Thurman those guys you mentioned wouldnt do as well as cotto. bradley would be extremely easy. brad knows it himself and admits to ignoring a potetntial floyd fight

Thats cause I've never seen Floyd in the ring against a fast faster with fast footwork apart from Zab Judah (a fight where he struggled a little bit).

come on now, even a shot and old DLH had Floyd struggling. It shows that ''Speed'' can trouble Mayweather. Bradley,Khan,Manny,Thurman all will be harder fights for 37 year old Floyd who prefers to fight stationary opponents with low work rate.

Comment

Thats cause I've never seen Floyd in the ring against a fast faster with fast footwork apart from Zab Judah (a fight where he struggled a little bit).

come on now, even a shot and old DLH had Floyd struggling. It shows that ''Speed'' can trouble Mayweather. Bradley,Khan,Manny,Thurman all will be harder fights for 37 year old Floyd who prefers to fight stationary opponents with low work rate.
                aged dlh had succes by using his superior size to pressure Floyd

bigger guy who can get Floyd to the ropes has been the consistent formula throughout Floyd's career: castillo, dlh, cotto, maidana

on the other hand there has only been one notably fast guy who had success zab

amir doesnt have fast footwork. his fast hands are highly timeable as shown countless,times throughout hos career

Comment

So beating up blownup light weight Broner (who arguably lost to Paulie a fight before) gets you a Floyd shot twice?

beating Berto in a slugfest (who's best win is no body) gets you Floyd?

But someone who has beaten Barerra,Kotelnik,Same freaking Maidana,Judah,Collazo,Paulie,Arguably PEDerson doesn't deserve to fight Mayweather??

Great logic Mayweather fans.

I suppose all it needs is beating a 'HYPE JOB' to get you Floyd shot.

Just say that ''Khan has the Style to trouble Mayweather'' thats why you don't want him to fight Floyd cause he might end up beating up before your favourite fighter does?
                  because they weren't considered to be threats but kahn is.

Comment

The answer is that khan has absolutely no chance at beating mayweather. Thats the first reason why he does'nt deserve the fights. The 2nd reason is that there's some fighters in the WW class that are in the top ten that are deserving their shot.khan has'nt beaten any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                      The answer is that khan has absolutely no chance at beating mayweather.

The 2nd reason is that there's some fighters in the WW class that are in the top ten that are deserving their shot.khan has'nt beaten any of them.
                      Did you actually believe, maidana, Ortiz, Marquez or Guerrero had a chance? And don't refer to a few guys on here who hate Floyd and think anyone will beat him. Realistically did any of them have a chance? The odds on those fights spoke volumes for how competitive they were.

To your second point, here's a rough list of ten top welterweights, tell me who is more deserving

Pacman-top rank, not happening
                      Bradley-see above
                      Marquez-already schooled him
                      Kell brook
                      Maidana- beaten twice
                      Thurman-good but unproven
                      Porter-recently lost belt
                      Alexander
                      Khan
                      Guerrero-haha

Outside of brook who just won a belt, who's really more deserving than khan or Alexander? It's not much of a division, that's the best he's got to work with due to his own limited opponents. Unless he moves up only three guys on that list are options
                      Last edited by El-blanco; 11-02-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X